A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Lol, MCKaosu... you're using the corkscrew recolor from my ice level. BUT I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE THIEVERY IS OKAY ACCORDING TO NIEVES

I actually don't care, it just doesn't fit at all with the color scheme of your level. Why not go back to the original EHZ palette? the purple just looks out of place.

edit: And Asuma, that Sonic sprite is AWESOME. I dig the lives icon too.

Actually got it from here.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/mfs/index.php?showtopic=2402

Said it was okay to use.

The foreground tiles are temporary iirc. ;>

@Rael: I am so sorry. i-i I didn't realize the corkscrew graphic was a recolor you did and gave it along with my corkscrew example. I will get to replacing it soon to avoid any problems later on.

The reflection is unnecessary, because water only reflects when it's perfectly still (except if it's the sun). It appears to be edited from the Palmtree Panic ocean background, and the ocean isn't meant to be perfectly still, otherwise there shouldn't be those "detail thingies" in the ocean.

The reflection is unnecessary, because water only reflects when it's perfectly still (except if it's the sun). It appears to be edited from the Palmtree Panic ocean background, and the ocean isn't meant to be perfectly still, otherwise there shouldn't be those "detail thingies" in the ocean.

Maybe it's a lake?

Its sonic, it doesn't have to be realistic. maybe its calm except for a few small waves that are making those distortions. even moving water can create a reflection from my experience while on a lake. But It gets really distorted and impossible to make any shapes out of it.

It does look strange though, so I see your point.

The foreground tiles are temporary iirc. ;>

@Rael: I am so sorry. i-i I didn't realize the corkscrew graphic was a recolor you did and gave it along with my corkscrew example. I will get to replacing it soon to avoid any problems later on.

lol it's fine, I was just surprised to see it. And it didn't fit with the rest of his tiles :D

That wouldn't change anything. Lakes also only reflect when the surface is still.

And how are you so sure it isn't mostly still?

attachment.php?attachmentid=1277&stc=1&d=1269482892

This is a photograph of a lake reflecting with some visible rippling, so you know... it isn't like it has to be perfectly still to reflect, it's just that angled surfaces cause distorted reflections and discoloration.

post-17-138639764062_thumb.jpg

grenhil.png

Still some stuff to sort out (mostly that wall), but it gives a good idea of what the playing field will look like. Let me know if the perspective on the bridge looks 'off' to you in comparison to the ground.

I'll try and knock out enough stuff to upload tomorrow - basically this is the SHMUP stage, there's a platform and puzzle stage to sort out too.

• Like 1

Steven, your game looks awesome. I love the tinted black and white look. I can't wait to play it.

And Inferno, your fighting engines always look good. The HUD graphics look fantastic! We never get to try out your games though, you should whip up a demo for us :awink:

color.png

As some of you might know Sonic Time Twisted has two time zones. A few pages back I previewed what the future of my Springy level will look like now I'm doing the past, I'm going to try to make it kinda feel like a castle in the past. How do you guys feel about this color as the dominate color in the level?

You know what? I might as well post a screen of my new engine already.

scwcfirstscreen.png

For the record, I have halted work on Construct port of Sonic Worlds.

Okay, well, sort-of. I'm not doing a straight port of the engine from MMF. The guys in the Construct community and I agree that it's too much hassle. Instead, we asked, "why not do it from scratch and with a lot less events?"

So, I'm making my own Sonic engine for Construct from stratch meant to basically be Sonic Worlds except, code-wise, done completely differently, thanks to this wonderful little thing called the Custom Movement Behavior. I started making this engine, I believe, I couple of weeks back.

Okay, considering this is the first time I've actually worked with the behavior, there's some things with the engine I need to fix before I proceed with more features, plus the engine will need some serious tweaking to make it perfect, but the events are incredibly simplified. I've also implemented easy support for multiplayer (literally up to ten players if you wanted to for some reason) and AI can use the same objects as players, if you wanted a Tails follower or a somewhat more complex enemy.

When I've fixed those problems, I'll post up a demo here and get on to working on more features.

Edit: Gah, I rambled on a bit too much, should've kept it short. Could've just made my own thread! Ah, well. Also, some of the larger tiles look odd (and the weird placement) because I was fooling around with tiledbg offset and fiddling with the test level layout.

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5170721/color.png[/qimg]

As some of you might know Sonic Time Twisted has two time zones. A few pages back I previewed what the future of my Springy level will look like now I'm doing the past, I'm going to try to make it kinda feel like a castle in the past. How do you guys feel about this color as the dominate color in the level?

I say go for it. That's a sweet-looking tile you have there.

sprung.png

Puzzle Attack Redux. Really need a better name for this... something like "Sonic Avoids Robotnik's Balls"?

Robotnik sprite courtesy of Turbo (who ripped the original sprite from Sonic Pocket Adventure), Sonic sprite was edited from two Sonic sprites - Mini Sonic thanks to Rlan, and SPA Sonic thanks to Skahott. The balls, background and HUD are my own design.

jumpsies.png

Sonic Spring Redux. Only thing is, I can't think of a theme for the level. Presumably it's Sonic scaling a tower-sized level of sorts, but I'm not sure what design to give said tower. Any ideas?

• Like 1