A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

So this is the thread where you show off screenshots of your game or project before you're ready to make your own thread to advertise it. DW and I had originally agreed to get rid of it back in summer of 08 because it consumed the whole fangaming forum and everything outside this thread was entirely dead. The purpose of this is not to replace your outside threads, but rather to just whet our appetites for what's to come and give/receive feedback on random things we're all working on.

Keep in mind that individual threads provide for much more discussion than this thread ever will, because here posts are constantly being buried by new posts, and old posts quickly become forgotten. Once you have enough to start your own thread, do so! Bringing this thread back is an experiment that I'm conducting after consulting some people, and if it starts replacing the rest of the threads I'll have to lock it again. Remember that this thread is only part of this forum, not the entire forum itself! If your game already has a thread, you might want to keep updates on your game in that thread, because you'll get way more feedback from the community that way. Showing stuff here is just a quick way to let us know what you're up to!

So with all that said and done, I'll begin! :aparty:
sonikkuiceloop.png
arcticapextest6.png
Ignore the falling snow in the second screenshot, I just forgot to disable it for the indoor part. It's supposed to be a cavernous part of the level similar to Ice Cap's indoor parts!

edit: also, in the second screenshot, you see the old snow on the ground... the contrast in the palette was so harsh and the colors were way too dark in general. The snow beneath Sonic's feet in the first screenshot is the correct updated palette. The second screenshot is much older!
second edit: oh also, you see the old HUD in the second screenshot. I never noticed!

• Like 1

iceparallaxtest1.png

This is the indoor section with the new HUD and new snow tiles. I knew I took a screenshot of it, I just didn't actually upload it to photobucket.

wow.png

A while ago Gamerdude tried using HWA with the Emerald Ties engine and everything ever broke. This is the ruins level (my background :aparty: ) from the SAGE 08 demo, by the way

*Looks through thread*

The first two screenshots in this thread look fine, but then you've got a Mario that's not Mario, Shadow stuck in the Matrix, Sonic on stilts which are stuck in the snow, a screen full of Super Sonics and an image of Sonic and a spring stuck inside a solid wall...

I see my insanity has been an inspiration to you all! Long live the LARGE SAUSAGE ROLL!

LOL, only joking, great stuff in here! Although Spike, yeah, perhaps maybe make that background wall a slightly different colour so you can tell it's not a solid wall, but otherwise great, reminds me of 8-bit Sonic games with all the blocks!

Now I suddenly want to play as an army of Super Sonics! Oh dear.

I've almost forgot awesomeness of this thread.

Really hope that it's not going to ruin this forum.

Anyway let me show you new character and new badnik (this screenshot is not a mock-up even though you see sonic's life icon)

525097149.png

This badnik looks like a bumper that lies on the surface but once you hit it, you will be sent in the air and it will pop and shoot.

(Espio idle pose made by me)

BTW Beautiful level, Rael. Looking forward to play it.

@Overbound

I still think the background buildings should use a slightly varied pallet apart from the foreground...I still find it hard to look at. Maybe if the buildings were a different color?

"Sonic the Hedgehog" would fit perfectly in the neon signs, or maybe "sonic time twisted', or maybe the zone name?. Heck put "SFGHQ" or some other website in there.

[qimg]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8898/finalflagfrenzymock.png[/qimg]

Now I don't need Time Twisted graphic thread. I'm about done with the graphics for the future of this round I think. What do you guys think of this mockup? Got any ideas for those signs?

You might want to adapt the grass to the ground manually, rather than using Dami's tile adapter. It looks like the grass was stretched to fit the ground.

Alternatively, you can limit the grass to tiles that aren't inclined a lot and instead of grass, use something else.

EDIT: Also, the background seems too bright. You can almost confuse it with the foreground.