A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Not a sonic game but i'm using the sonic worlds engine and in a very early stage of slowling trying to make a mario engine with it, although this character is called Jario, when we did a project years ago for an assignment me and a few guys touched upon games factory and were pretty poo at it (if u fancy a laugh or want to see how bad a fan game can be u can download this ...... game in the link http://www.mediafire.com/file/mt2mzwzzcfz/Super Duper Jario Bros.rar) some levels u can't complete if u fall as back then invisable actives were used for everything but some were forgotten to be put in.. right back on topic, even though these screenshot don't look much a big chunk of coding has been done for pipes, enemies, picking up objects etc..oh and i should point out these sprites are not mine i only edited them

1.png

3.png

2.png

4.png

[qimg]http://i.imagehost.org/0012/ooaweaio.png[/qimg]

Well this is Sonic Henceforth now... Before the "copyf@gs" start to say "mimimi Sonic 4 copy" I want you guys to know that I've the idea first. That's why the name "Henceforth" appears. Unfortunelly Sonic 4 was more faster than I. And Looks like my "Henceforth" became true. Anyone who has any doubt bout that, can ask for Endri, I've show the idea to him in the middle of last year.

Btw... This is a mockup yet. The gameplay stills the same as the one on the videos. About the boost, at the time I've made the HUDs on the mockup, I was without creativity so I just don't make it. >:

Like I said, it's a mockup, stills has some bugs and the foreground is temporary...

Great screen, but it still doesn't make Henceforth any better of a name. It's still (survey says!)... really terrible.

Great screen, but it still doesn't make Henceforth any better of a name. It's still (survey says!)... really terrible.
The name may sucks but... Well in the time sounds so cool and fits perfectly with the idea... It's a little bit later to change the name. So you can call him, Sonic Cake (Cuz everybody loves cake)... And enjoy the game, not the name. >:

About the mockup... I know that everything looks "big"... But, no sizes was setted yet... so I've improvised. >:

[qimg]http://i.imagehost.org/0012/ooaweaio.png[/qimg]

Well this is Sonic Henceforth now... Before the "copyf@gs" start to say "mimimi Sonic 4 copy" I want you guys to know that I've the idea first. That's why the name "Henceforth" appears. Unfortunelly Sonic 4 was more faster than I. And Looks like my "Henceforth" became true. Anyone who has any doubt bout that, can ask for Endri, I've show the idea to him in the middle of last year.

Btw... This is a mockup yet. The gameplay stills the same as the one on the videos. About the boost, at the time I've made the HUDs on the mockup, I was without creativity so I just don't make it. >:

Like I said, it's a mockup, stills has some bugs and the foreground is temporary...

Is it going to be 2,5d (2d sprites + 3d sceneries)? Would be a good idea

EDIT: Also, the background seems too bright. You can almost confuse it with the foreground.

I love how your level is turning out overbound and I have to disagree with those who think the background and foreground blend to much. In sonic cd and in fact all the sonic games the background was as bright as the foreground and almost the same colour. e.g. angle island zone, palmtree panic present.

Here are some new screens from my game.

underwater_0001.jpg

last_0002.jpg

last_0003.jpg

The first screen is from Stone Sea, which has been completely redone. The other screens are from the final zone, which I have barley started.

Thanks for the comments. I am planning on adding flashing lights to the background, I just haven't worked on it yet. Some of the foreground details do flash, you just can't tell from the screens. My final zone is called Machine Mayham Zone, I forgot to mention that.

Thought it was about time I finally contributed. => That, and I'm pretty bored at college as my morning class was cancelled and I can't do too much while I'm not at home.

light1.pnglight2.png

light3.pnglight4.png

light5.pngcaterkiller.png

grid.png

Ignore the framerates for the lighting engine. It takes advantage of a monitor/visual effect to make the quality look 4 times smoother in-game, but to take good shots, I had to manually boost the quality that many times which is a bit too tasking for my laptop. It is a bit "squary" as well as the lighting is completely mathematically calculated, and I could not find an efficient way to use linear interpolation between each light calculation.

6th shot shows a caterkiller I programmed with a rigged body movement that adjusts itself to slopes. Its body parts can also unlink and bounce around if the body instead of the head is hit ala Sonic 1. The final shot is a "physics" grid system with dynamic lighting, a cheapo bloom effect, and a 3D particle system that waaaasss going to be used for Polygon Wars 2, but I'm not sure if I'll ever be letting it see the light of day anymore.

• Like 1

Eh, it's not too bad ( the lighting engine ), but it's not very easy to work with either. I did some attempts to make it somewhat easier/more efficient, but until I actually create object-orientated casting points, I wouldn't see it fit for public use.

...If I see enough interest in it though, I may be urged to finally finish it off.