A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

• 2 months later...

0bcaJ2J.png
Well, time to dust off the old forums, maybe I'll find some appreciation around here.
This is, for those who have not seen them around other Sonic-focussed forums and Discord servers, the very first mock-ups of a little game I'm managing (SonicHex  is the one making it) called Sonic Time Corruption (name not final). This in particular is the very first reveal of any one of the zones in the game, Urban Unit and some of its gimmicks, enemies and, of course, art. It's a busy city at nighttime, filled to the brim with skyscrapers, highways and everything that connects the former two. The art itself is not final, but I've got a good feel about the background's greens and the contrasting foreground reds, even if they're a bit intense. 
Some of you may realize it's mildly inspired by Studiopolis Act 1 from the recent cult hit Sonic Mania and I am none to disagree, this is essentially my version thereof, but I assure you, no Mania assets were harmed during the making of this stage. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

https://orig00.deviantart.net/2054/f/2018/217/5/3/opalshoreact1_propermock_by_sonichex-dcjat7s.png
I thought it'll be nice to show my progress on Sonic Solstice (formerly known as Sonic Reborn) here, the floor pattern was made by Aleks, who was working on the flicky engine, the grass and the palmtrees were edited/made by me, the Level in this mockup is Opal Shore Act 1 (formerly Seaside Valley), act 2 will have the night background again,the game will run on the flicky engine, don't expect a release during this year though!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 11:39 AM, MrLevRocks said:

sonic_time_corruption___tropical_trouble

I've made another quadtych for @HexagonalHex' Sonic Time Corruption, not-Green Hill or as we like to call it, Tropical Trouble. Not the biggest fan of the stage concept myself, but it's the art that counts and I think I didn't skimp on that.

I love how much detail was put into this. Looks incredible.

When can we expect a demo?

• 1 month later...
On 10.9.2018 at 4:37 AM, Stritix said:

When can we expect a demo?

Wow, I sure haven't been here in a while. Excuse the late response, but perhaps that may take a while, I'm afraid. While the game has since changed hands from Hex to me, it does mean that it doesn't have a dedicated programmer, those helping me have other projects to worry about, so it's not going as fast as it perhaps could. I am hoping to have a one zone demo prepared for next SAGE, if it will be announced for next summer, but that's wishful thinking at best so far.

Thanks for the feedback though, I always enjoy giving people what they like.

Edited by MrLevRocks
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Test.gif
Time to post something here for once. More concept than asset this time, it's a new life system for Sonic Time Corruption, working a bit like in Contra and similar games but with checkpoints. I personally love it, but what do you guy(s) think of it?

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 3:02 PM, MrLevRocks said:

Test.gif
Time to post something here for once. More concept than asset this time, it's a new life system for Sonic Time Corruption, working a bit like in Contra and similar games but with checkpoints. I personally love it, but what do you guy(s) think of it?

The transition is really nice. It's seamless and stylish. The HUD and Sonic's sprites also look great.