A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Did a bit of a design update on one of the baddies for the second stage. Featuring the all new Bee Paladin, now twice the coolness factor (I hope!)

BeeSoldiers.png

https://twitter.com/BrockCrocodile/status/541272476924518400

For comparisons the originals were just a dirty recolour of the archers in the level (To the left.)

BeehiveBattleship11.png

(I really should think about changing the default size of my images!)

• Like 2

@Aki-At: I would shade the character a little. He looks a little unprofessional  And HUD looks too similar to Classic Sonic games for a indie game, I would change how it looks.

WnoAEMw.png

Ok, I think it looks good enough. I tried to use a shader but it didn't work very well.

@Mors: I've purposely kept the shading on the smaller characters (30x30) as minimal as possible, it's a design choice I went with but I'll wait to get more feedback (Another factor was that since the sprites are so small, every single pixel matters greatly.) The hud was pretty much purposely meant to seem like it would fit in with something SEGA/Japanese publishers would come up with for a 90s mascot platformers so I'll be sticking with that! : P

I think you've hit the right sort of colour for the stage, looks like the right kind of grey.

• Like 1

MuseumMayhem1.png

https://twitter.com/BrockCrocodile/status/543784524971515905

Showing off three of the four gimmicks found in Museum Mayhem; laser beams, blocks and moveable crates. Level is a lot more slower than the prior 2 levels and probably my favourite to playthrough (But not necessarily to design!)

The colors on Brock's sprite look like they need some editing done. For starters, Brock has a fully saturated, 0 hue, MS Paint red as his main color. This doesn't suite the other graphics at all, and is just unpleasant to look at. If you made them yourself, then you should be fully capable of making Brock's graphics just as good. There's a few other instances of these colors on Brock's sprite and several other places, but it's important to change the main colors first.

• Like 2