A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

You might want to add sometihng to the wooden floor to break it up a bit, looks slightly boring and bland right now.

The background is nice but so stock and like many things I've seen before. The sky is boring it would benefit from a variety of clouds and more colours going upwards to keep it fomr just the block colour.

35kvfrr.jpg

My attempt at translating the game's logo to Japanese and Chinese. My bilingual friend helped me with the Japanese one, but I'm not entirely confident that I translated to Chinese correctly.

This was mainly an experiment, and I don't think I'll have the means to localize the game in Asia until I start earning money from sales (or until I begin a Kickstarter fund). It's definitely something I'm putting serious thought into, though.

Nice, Strife.

The "P" effect is sadly lost on the other languages, but you might be able to find a curvier typeface for the japanese logo, for a better integration with the ム. Here are some JP typefaces.

As for the Chinese, I know someone who can help out. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: However, I wonder about the "stance" of the name Freedom Planet - Is it a given name for something in the game? If it was, I guess you would've used whole katakana for the name, though.

Case example: Silent Hill is the name of the fictional US town, so it's サイレントヒル - without any kanji.

Just wondering, since you've used katakana only for "Freedom".

For me that background has some depth issues. I hope it's temporary because it does look awful strange how the water just CUTS away from itself as it goes into the green bushes/trees.

I'll try to fix it later, but do not guarantee anything. This may be present in the final version.

Nice, Strife.

The "P" effect is sadly lost on the other languages, but you might be able to find a curvier typeface for the japanese logo, for a better integration with the ム. Here are some JP typefaces.

As for the Chinese, I know someone who can help out. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: However, I wonder about the "stance" of the name Freedom Planet - Is it a given name for something in the game? If it was, I guess you would've used whole katakana for the name, though.

Case example: Silent Hill is the name of the fictional US town, so it's サイレントヒル - without any kanji.

Just wondering, since you've used katakana only for "Freedom".

Thanks! ^_^

Freedom Planet isn't a name given to anything in the game. "Freedom" simply describes the ideal state of the planet. The planet itself is referred to in-game as Avalice.

Well... I thing i fixed the "bug" for now :D

@Strife You will put an select a language mode in your game?

EDIT: semttuloibr.png

Oh, and that forest sprite has been created by Streak Thunderstorm (I have not stolen, just picked up in a strange site, last year). Sorry If i made a mistake D:

Just name the Japanese translation "Flying Raccoon Hat Gaijin Adventure: It's Enjoy Time Now?"

edit: I don't mean to be rude or racist but there's honestly not much commercial point in trying to localize for China. Unless you want a dozen asset-rip bootlegs.

edit2: Actually I did mean to be racist there.