A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Shinbs Sprites Sanic's Sometimes

Shinbaloonba

Since I'm the resident go to ModGen guy that everyone keep PMing all the time,I figured I should post some of *my* sprites here,might help fill the gap left by MFZ.

I'm the guy who made the original Sonic/Tails sprites that were edited for ATS,among other things.Nowadays,I've switched up my style a little,so it differs a bit from the actual ModGen projetcs.

Here's my most recent STH work,from yesterday even,still fresh.

tikal2.png

Haven't sprited sanics in a while,so I've cooked this up from scratch,been wanting to sprite her for a while now.

I'm pretty enamored with this sprite right now,lol.

pb99pay.png?1?8109

Can't have Order without Chaos.

Still a wip,but is it watery enough so far?

----------

If this thread gets interest,I'll do a post dump with previously sprited characters and sheets,might help so people won't need to PM me about them.

Although that side quill on Tikal bugs me for some reason.

I second this; I feel that it leads to a flat-topped head. Maybe a rounder top would help?

Also, Chaos 0 looks pretty water-like, and I would recommend adding a "water wave texture" of some sort (I can't really explain that too well; think of that "veiny surface" water tends to have). I'll try to find an example and edit the post if I do.

Tikal's quill seems fine to me,but I think I see your point,I'll see what if I can tweak it a little.

Also,I've made some progress on Chaos,but not enough to post it already,will repost when finished.

@Infinity:

I'm not taking requests at all (though maybe I should..),but I already made what you're asking for:

sth___sally_acorn_by_shinbaloonba-d5p0mf0.png

^This one was made as soon as the redesign was unvelied,but I did mix it a bit with her previous design.

sth___sega_sally_by_shinbaloonba-d63960d.png

^This one is an improved version from a few months back.

Both include made up classic versions btw,the concept of those should be obvious enough.

Tikal's quill seems fine to me,but I think I see your point,I'll see what if I can tweak it a little.

Also,I've made some progress on Chaos,but not enough to post it already,will repost when finished.

@Infinity:

I'm not taking requests at all (though maybe I should..),but I already made what you're asking for:

[qimg]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/358/e/c/sth___sally_acorn_by_shinbaloonba-d5p0mf0.png[/qimg]

^This one was made as soon as the redesign was unvelied,but I did mix it a bit with her previous design.

[qimg]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/117/c/f/sth___sega_sally_by_shinbaloonba-d63960d.png[/qimg]

^This one is an improved version from a few months back.

Both include made up classic versions btw,the concept of those should be obvious enough.

I think the Sally sprite to the far left on the second row looks better.

• 3 weeks later...

^There are two second rows,and not of them are on the far left,so I'm not sure which lol.

@Alex:

Only Chaos is hosted on Imgur,the others are directly from DA.

I assume you've already seen them by now,but if you're still having problems,I can rehost them somewhere else.

---------------

Anwyay,never did finish that Chaos,posting mainly in response to Alex,but I'm also working on something big,and my avy should be a good enough sneak peek.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Alex.

worldscollide.png

I wanted a Blue Bomber in-scale and in-style with my Blue Blur,so I came up with this.

Originally it was made from scratch,but I wasn't happy with the body,so I just took parts I liked from my original sprite and merged it with the MM8 sprite,tweaking it along the way.

Given the nature of the sprite,making poses for it is quite easy,so I might be able to expand on it and make a mini sheet if people would like to see that.

Shoulda made this when the Sanic/Maygamein crossover hype was still going,oh well.

-----------------------

beanfang.png

One thing that pisses me off about Sonic sprites (or sprites in general),is how such cheap edits of the main character they usually are.Exact same height,eyes,stance,feet positioning,EVERYTHING,etc.

Here's my take on two usual victims of this problem.I made them taller on purpose,helps flashing out those blank characters as well as bringing out more variety to the cast,both sprite and design wise.