A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sage 2013?

Betaman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fairly honest, I have absolutely no problem with it taking place next month. That gives me plenty of time to wrap up Maze -o- Matic and finally be done with it. (Seriously, just working with that game was a nightmare.)

Last year's SAGE was actually a big deal for me because it was the first one I had ever attended, let alone participated in as a game creator. I'm getting excited this year because we've had a large influx of newbies and I'd love to see them show their stuff. Unfortunately things seem to be falling a bit flat.

My only advice is this though:

Only enter if you're ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that you can get what you need to done before the submitting stars. I thought I could get everything done last year, but my bad planning mixed with a metric buttload of unforeseen IRL stuff and caused the incredibly lack-luster and buggy Epsilon that was unleashed to the poor, unsuspecting people of SFGHQ.

Would it have been a hit if I had planned it better? Probably not, I am by no means a skilled programmer. However, if I hadn't been lazy all summer, it would have been at least somewhat enjoyable. That's why the real development for Maze -o- Matic started in May, when school let out for me.

I'm still hoping to do a Livestream for level design. Once there's more details about dates and events, I can probably see how it'll fit into my schedule this semester. Things to do include getting a better computer for the livestream, and setting it up.

Looking forward to seeing all the other projects this year!

Good news everyone! My project is finally getting somewhere for once, and I still haven't lost my steam yet. The running physics are pretty much exactly how I want them, and all that's left for the bare basics is air and water physics, a little animation work, and some tweaks to the camera system, and I've got a demo.

Also trying to figure out precisely how to apply Sonic Generations shading in Unity. Shaders aren't my specialty, but I've recently overcome a huge roadblock in that regard.