A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Jiyako's stuff

JiyakoZen

BEFORE I SAY ANYTHING. I, YES, I, AM QWERTYABSOL, THAT GUY ON DEVIANTART WHO MADE THAT SONIC SPRITE THAT EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM USES IN THEIR GAME http://qwertyabsol.deviantart.com/art/Yet-another-custom-Sonic-120446863 . I've gone through some changes, so ^^…There ya go. Here's my more "official" dA page that I have done nothing with yet Right here

I am a furry. So, it's okay to not like me, or call me a pervert, or whatever. I don't normally make "weird" stuff unless it's going on my FurAffinity, which I'm sure you don't wanna see anyways. I'm mostly inspired by anime and video games. CPS2 and Neo Geo fighting games are the best in combining the two, just to give my opinion :tgrin: . I also enjoy playing platformers and action rpgs. Zelda ALTTP still stands as the greatest game I've ever played, and I'm looking forward to the "sequel." I love playing the NES/FC and SNES/SFC
I grew up in the US, but due to military reasons, I got stationed in Japan for sometime as a kid/tween. Then I moved back to the US. I got to learn a LOT of Japanese, let me tell ya. So go ahead and call me a "weeaboo," but at least I learned the language.

Expect some of my art stuff to show up every once in a while. I usually sketch out things in Manga Studio Debut 4, and color them in Adobe Flash CS6. My spriting technique requires a combination of MMF2 and Adobe Fireworks, Flash if it involves original stuff. I can read and write music; I also play the Bb clarinet and oboe. There probably won't be many music here though.

That's enough about me, let's get the show on the road!

(When I have the time :P…)

Edited by JiyakoZen

I dont think ill hate you felief for being a furry unless you try to push the belief of "dont hate furries" or :youll like them too" to everyone. I myself learnt thats a stupid thing to do on the brony department. (sorry Serephim if i pissed you off or annoyed)

I dont think ill hate you felief for being a furry unless you try to push the belief of "dont hate furries" or :youll like them too" to everyone. I myself learnt thats a stupid thing to do on the brony department. (sorry Serephim if i pissed you off or annoyed)

No worries. I'm not the type of person who will force you to like everything, because I don't like everything, as I'm sure that's the case for other people. I don't really care what people think of me, but I will admit that speculations similar to "all bronies are crybabies" or "all furries are perverts" or "all Sonic fans ship characters" do concern me because they jump to conclusions about millions of people they've never even met. Otherwise, I don't even care, just enjoy yourself for who you are and what you like to do.

(I do agree, let's jump to the main topic so we don't piss off any admins/mods ;) )

Well, it's not wrong of him to tell us, is it? I mean, it's something that's better said upfront than hidden, only to be utterly lambasted for it later. To that end, you can't blame him for defending himself, either. How often do you come across people who are civil enough to simply not care? Very seldom, I'll bet.

All that said, I do like your art, Jiyako. I wouldn't exactly call it polished, but I can say you're a lot better with your tablet than I am.

If you're a furry and you feel the need to defend yourself upon announcing it...why even announce you're a furry in the first place?

I'm not really defending myself. I don't care what people think about me being a furry.

OKAYOKAYOKAYWHATEVER. Next topic, puh-leeze!

I thought I'd show you a few things I did with MMF2 back when I was a young teenager.

Sonic_sprite_by_qwertyabsol.pngI_HAVE_BEEN_SPRITED_by_qwertyabsol.pngSonic_with_different_pallete_by_qwertyabsol.pngOh_noes_another_sonic_sprite_by_qwertyabsol.pngSonic_Genesis_Recolor_by_qwertyabsol.pngDark_Sonic_by_qwertyabsol.pngSonic_sprite2_by_qwertyabsol.pngMe_by_qwertyabsol.pngEmerald_Powered_Knuckles_by_qwertyabsol.pngCustom_Sonic_again_by_qwertyabsol.png

I started out with simple sprite editing in MMF2. I know, THESE LOOK BAD. TERRIBLE. That's one thing that annoys me, when people point out the obvious xD.

My_logo_prototypes_so_far____by_qwertyabsol.jpgGlaceon____I_guess_by_qwertyabsol.pngKlonoa_and_Hewpoe_by_qwertyabsol.jpgMy___catsune___by_qwertyabsol.png

Eventually, I started using the computer more for my drawings. I would either use my father's tablet to draw on the screen or scan in a sketch and color in photo editing software (I forget which ones I used…). Still not lookin' too good, eh?

Then, that's when I sparked my first (fan)game idea.

Sonic_Delta_stuff_by_qwertyabsol.png

Sonic Delta. Simple name, no concepts, no level designs…I had no idea where to go from that image. So I just began experimenting with Sonic engines in MMF2.

Random_snapshot_by_qwertyabsol.pngFangame_preview_by_qwertyabsol.pngScreenshot_perhaps__by_qwertyabsol.png

Then I left these ideas when I entered high school. I did other things involving designing new characters and whatnot. Lemme hear your thoughts on them :3.

Well, it's not wrong of him to tell us, is it? I mean, it's something that's better said upfront than hidden, only to be utterly lambasted for it later. To that end, you can't blame him for defending himself, either. How often do you come across people who are civil enough to simply not care? Very seldom, I'll bet.

All that said, I do like your art, Jiyako. I wouldn't exactly call it polished, but I can say you're a lot better with your tablet than I am.

Why thank you, TailsSena :D. I appreciate it!

Trust me, guys. I've been looking at your forums since like SAGE 8. I know what kinds of discussions can cause an uproar.

• 5 months later...

Just thought I'd update while I have time.

So ever since I started using MMF2, I've gained this "skill" of editing Sonic's sprites (mostly from the Advance series). For some reason I'm trying to get back into it :\.

Let me know what you think and whether or not I should continue.

(YES I KNOW SOME GUY NAMED TARNISHPROWER DID THIS BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN HIM ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET FOR THE PAST FOUR YEARS. THIS WAS ALL OUT OF BOREDOM.)

Welp, nevermind. I just figured out that he's here  :stare: .

Edited by JiyakoZen

• 5 months later...
nnRSKBh.png

Got bored in Sonic Worlds and decided to mess with him.

I made a genderbend! I'm kinda proud of it :). It looks a bit ecchi/sexualized, but that's just the way I like it.
Edited by JiyakoZen

I'm far more interested in female protagonists when it comes to any work of fiction, if you couldn't already tell. I could go further into why, but that's not why we make Sonic games  :Smoke2: .

On a sidenote, I really do wish that "Sister Sonic" thing came through with SEGA. I'm sure all fans would love a good female protagonist that is canonical to the Sonic games. I would have even enjoyed a game featuring Amy; a simple action platformer, ya know? It wouldn't have to be a game where you go fast, just in the same universe that goes fast. And don't get me started with Honey the Cat; SEGA should be glad they included her in the PS3 release of Sonic the Fighters.

Anyways, enough with that.  :(<

post-5347-0-74925600-1404869447_thumb.pn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well this is a rule 63 idea I had for a Sonic fan game. Basically put, Eggman thinks that the reason why Sonic always stops his evil plans all the time is because he's a slim guy. Therefore, as Sonic approaches his robot lair, he is zapped with the "Estro Ray," and is given more fat and muscle in order to slow him down. In addition, Sonic is humiliated by the fact that he is a girl now, which is the distraught Eggman feeds on.
While visiting the Lake of Rings (see SatAM or the Archie comics), Sonic receives a message that by collecting the Chaos Emeralds (surprise, surprise), he can activate a power that will change him back to a guy. Thus begins a long journey which Sonic finds much more challenging than others due to the fact that he's much heavier and can't run as fast - he will have to rely on more tactical forms of navigating zones and defeating Eggman's robots.

post-5347-0-66819800-1417817676_thumb.pn

post-5347-0-59243200-1417834391_thumb.gi

Edited by JiyakoZen

Just redoing shit.

I decided to change around some of the story in the beginning so I don't make too big of a challenge sprite-wise.

Eggman inserts data from Amy Rose into his Estro Ray machine, so almost everything about how Amy looks is transferred into Sonic's body. Obviously, I kept his spikes the same so it's not a pure recolor. Not sure if he'll be using the Piko hammer though.

post-5347-0-82036500-1418510353_thumb.pn