A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Kickstarter Sharing Topic

ila

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

It's such a shame that Shantae kickstarter isn't doing great. I mean, it made it's funding goal, but it has 5 days to go and hasn't even hit its first stretch goal yet. They probably will by the time it's over, but there are some awesome stretch goals on there. Of course that doesn't count paypal money

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Let me introduce you to Grow.

Grow is a class-based online brawler where what you eat changes what you are. You start out as a Nom, a base creature that can't do much, but as you eat food around the level, you grow into different creatures. The type of food you eat determines what type of creature you become; for instance, eating meat causes you to turn into a Power creature, allowing you to become more aggressive and take tons of damage.

For more info, you can find the Kickstarter here. It's also on Steam Greenlight.

Edited by SonicWind

• 2 months later...

IMPORTANT

Before I show you this next Kickstarter, I should warn you guys about something. Kickstarter recently suffered a security breach and hackers gained access to customer data. They strongly recommend that you guys should change your passwords ASAP.

---------------

Heart & Slash is a 3D roguelike brawler in which you play as Heart, a robot who's fighting to keep his identity in a post-human world populated by machines in which conformity rules. At first, he just wants to escape from the forces of the robot leader QuAsSy (Quality Assurance System), who makes sure that everyone and everything is the same, but when he meets another rogue robot named Slash, that's no longer his only desire...

Every playthrough is different with different level layouts, as well as weapons (of which there are 75) and body parts (of which there are 60), both of which changing how the game plays.

Also on Steam Greenlight.

If you're interested in seeing how the game has developed, you can do so here.

Adding up on the breach, the access is apparently limited to usernames, emails and hashed passwords, not credit card info.

With enough power, they could theoretically break the hashed passwords, so hopefully you don't use the same password on every site... If you do, have fun changing passwords everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a double dose of spaced-out Kickstarters!

Planets³ is an open-world voxel-based RPG that allows you to travel to different planets. However, you'll have to either unlock or build a spaceship first. In the meantime, you can gain the trust of the natives of the planet you're on so they can help you master the crafting system and gain new skills.

The Orion Project is a sci-fi open-world game from the people that brought you Orion: Dino Horde. It has interactive AI (everything behaves differently toward one another), complete customization of your character, and space travel. Also, it involves dinosaurs and robots.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shiness is a UE3-powered RPG inspired by manga and anime such as Dragon Ball (it even has a manga itself). It combines the fantasy world you expect from RPGs with a battle system similar to fighting games. The developers even made an entire language for the game, Maherian, to help its originality.

Play as a party of three characters within a group of five and use their unique abilities to help in your quest. Perform combinations of physical attacks and magic to defeat challenging enemies. Explore the world of Mahera and solve quests in multiple ways, each affecting your reputation and the world itself.

Edited by SonicWind

• 1 month later...

Timespinner is a 2D Metroidvania inspired by SNES and PS1 classics, as well as Star Ocean, Castlevania, and Mega Man X.

You play as Lunais, who was born with special Aura abilities that allow her to telekinetically control a variety of Magic Orbs, drawing a lot of attention and respect from her fellow villagers. On the night of her 20th birthday, as everyone celebrates, soldiers from the planet Lachiem invade, destroying the village and killing any people they can find-- including Lunais's family. As you can imagine, she's not happy about this turn of events, vowing revenge on the Lachiem empire and collecting the pieces of the titular artifact-- destroyed during the invasion-- to travel through and manipulate time so that she can singlehandedly bring it crashing down.

Edited by SonicWind

Not going to lie, with recent failures like Rival Threads and other gaming projects grossly underestimating budget I'm a bit worried about backing games. Timespinner does look really good though and hits all the right notes for me. If it comes close to Vita stretch goal I'll consider throwing down some money.