A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Kickstarter Sharing Topic

ila

With Strife doing his thing I figured it was time we started discussing kickstarters we have backed or are currently backing. The core of a successful Kickstarter is word of mouth and finding enough people willing to back a project. That being said: Cryamore7e4f2d35719288317da85314cc81b95f_large.png?1359143461

Cryamore is a PC action RPG that takes design cues from many classic games, in particular Zelda and Metroid. I'm excited for it based on the

Cryamore has already reached it's required backing amount and is currently working on stretch goals for Android and Ouya support, more in game content, and finally a home console release. I know a lot of us enjoy some old school gaming, so it's worth checking out if you haven't yet.

What other projects are you backing? Feel free to share here.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cryamore is interesting art wise but it's a problem that it doesn't have more to show. They barely have any gameplay to show at all. Kickstarters for games need to at least have gameplay to show, if they aren't far enough along for a demo like Freedom Planet

edit: Obviously that didn't effect Cryamore at all as far as getting pledges, but still

That is the biggest thing slowing down it's pledges right now though. At the rate it's going the final stretch goal will be impossible. The team says it's working on making something a bit more tangible. I hope it's not too late for it though.

Yeah like i said on AIM, im intrigued in the game but there's really not much game to see right now. I honestly skipped through almost the entire video looking for gameplay footage, but all they really have to show is development footage.

It's obviously going to be promising, and everything about the game looks and sounds amazing. Just....the GAME is the only thing im waiting to see.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/362353100/the-uncle-ruckus-movie

I'm kinda hoping this gets backed, I'm a huge fan of the show and this character is absolutely ridiculous.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pixelscopic/delvers-drop?ref=category

this is looking quite interesting though they're asking for quite a bit of funding...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1312036782/project-awakened?ref=category

This is also looking promising, not entirely sure what to expect with the finished product but what they've got so far is impressive.

It's been over already, but I backed the Pier Solar ports project. Dreamcast ftw.

The cart version will be reprinted though - and I got my soundtrack CD to combine it with :]

The problem is... I still need a Sega CD.

-----------------------------

A goal almost impossible to reach, huh...

KS does review projects... I thought? Maybe they didn't just feel like intervening. There's no way they're reaching 20 million quid.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add that with a little less than 2 days left, Cryamore is getting really close to the home console stretch goal. Since the devs have switched to Unity they have been release web builds to show animation and other in progress stuff. Please give it a look if you haven't already.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for gravedigging, but I have a few Kickstarters to post.

Cymbil Spellcraft is an Action RPG inspired by Secret of Mana with co-op multiplayer and heavily destructible (and weaponizable) environments. It also has an in-game editor to create your own adventures, either with Cymbil and her companions or your own characters!

The Kickstarter is starting off a little slow, so you should consider backing it.

TinyKeep is another Action RPG, but this one has procedurally generated dungeons and a focus on intelligent monster AI (i.e., Some monsters have rivalries, such as skeletons and orcs, and will fight each other once close; monsters will sometimes lead you into ambushes; etc.).

It has 11 days left, so it needs some help if it's going to get funded.

• 1 month later...

i think it looks pretty bland and uninspired, but even if it looked amazing i'd still say you probably shouldn't donate just because it's flexible funding. which is always really sketchy because they get to keep the money whether they reach their goal or not.

In case you guys are interested, Taeshi and Suitcase are running a Kickstarter to turn their webcomic Not Enough Rings into a book. Book is only $25 and the main goal has already been reached. I really enjoy the comic, and it brings up some great moments from the classic Sonic games, so I definitely recommend backing it if you enjoy it.

now THIS on the other hand is worth putting money towards

• 1 month later...