A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New Sonic Cartoon "Sonic Boom"

Jassbec

Sticks is the only design from this whole Boom series that I think is rad. Then again I thought at first she was a re-imagining of Marine and I was pretty okay with that since I actually like that character somewhat.

That said it is much too bad then that I so far hate everything else about her after watching that video :/, even her name. That voice just sounds like the kid from Speed Racer who sounds like he smokes too much.

Sticks? "Crazy" badger girl?

I was really hoping that by mellowing Amy out, it would remove some of the cringe-worthy dialogue from the writing. But instead it's just being replaced by retard knuckles and now SUUUUPERRR RANDOM girl.

• Like 3

So basically this game is gonna have the same crap-tier Pontac-style writing as the recent SEGASonic games? But then again, this means that the Japanese have SEGASonic all to themselves again... 

Maybe the much better Japanese writers who actually do their research and know what Sonic Adventure is will return to SEGASonic while Sonic Boom is the dumb kiddy franchise?

So basically this game is gonna have the same crap-tier Pontac-style writing as the recent SEGASonic games? But then again, this means that the Japanese have SEGASonic all to themselves again... 

Maybe the much better Japanese writers who actually do their research and know what Sonic Adventure is will return to SEGASonic while Sonic Boom is the dumb kiddy franchise?

Eh, I don't think that's how you should approach it. I personally don't see (yet) this being the dumb kiddy franchise. SegaSonic isn't the best for all crowds either.