A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New Sonic Cartoon "Sonic Boom"

Jassbec

Why... Just why...tails seems to be the same. Sonic appears to have my hair and a vest. Knuckles is now Thuggles the Echidroids.

Also look at amy, she has a small skirt in official pictures, and all sonic characters have oversized hands, so im assuming amy's hands are covering it up. Honestly I'm OK with amy's change, tails' change (derp), I'm even ok with sonic's change, though slightly unsettled... But Thuggles... Ohhh thuggles... I am saddened. I'm sorry drugs and steroids got to you thuggles.

Why... Just why...tails seems to be the same. Sonic appears to have my hair and a vest. Knuckles is now Thuggles the Echidroids.

Also look at amy, she has a small skirt in official pictures, and all sonic characters have oversized hands, so im assuming amy's hands are covering it up. Honestly I'm OK with amy's change, tails' change (derp), I'm even ok with sonic's change, though slightly unsettled... But Thuggles... Ohhh thuggles... I am saddened. I'm sorry drugs and steroids got to you thuggles.

it must be the Effects from too much drugs,steroid,protein :v

• 3 months later...

I was floored by Knuckles' redesign at first, but the more I look at it and think it over, the more I like it. It fits him. The other redesigns I'm in love with, especially Sonic's quills. Love that look so much. <3

I'm crazy excited for the cartoon and the game, personally.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As an old school Sonic fan I feel like I'm betraying my allegiance, but honestly... I don't see a problem with any of this (save for one thing)

The athletic tape does seem a bit odd, but I guess the spatting does make sense due to the fact that these characters are always running. Blue arms makes sense since it fits in with the rest of the character designs. (Although Amy's lack of pink arms is a question.) Knuckles being buffer and dumber fits with how he's been pretty much potrayed in any sort of capacity, granted he's much less serious now. Really my only problem is this push for Amy to be "one of the boys" with a design that screams bad deviantArt design, although thankfully she's not the walking 12 year old panty shot she has been. Still not keen on her default expression of eye-fucking Sonic, but whatever.

Game wise the gameplay looks fairly solid, although my only experience with Sanzaru Games is Sly 4 (which was actually pretty bad) and Sly HD (which was actually really good) Big Red Button is a new studio but has experience, so I think we can be enthusiastic about that.

Hell, even the cartoon looks amusing. The focus as a comedy seems right, and I think it should hit the right notes that shows like My Little Pony FIM and The Looney Tunes show hit.

So yeah, I'm optimistic, and willing to add Sonic Boom to my list of reasons I might eventually buy a Wii U.

Yeah...that kinda raises...questions. I feel like Knux is going to be the most brawn, less brain team member here.

Yeah, despite the quote being hysterical, I'm concerned about this myself. Knuckles is gullible but he's not stupid. I hope they're not really making him a typical dumb jock.

Although "Hey, I sound like a fortune cookie! *chomp!* Eh, but I don't taste like one." worries me.

Edited by Ink