A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Zero Assets

Sparks

I'm here today to inform that Sonic Zero: Remastered is meeting its conclusion, but not for the better. Kaosu has been occupied with other things, Larks occupied with finishing up University, and I've been occupied with my own platformer project, so development has grinded to a halt. Recently Kaosu and I have pretty much decided that Zero is not going anywhere, and have decided it would be best to have its assets gain a proper home instead of going to waste.

We're looking for fan games that have steady progress, and that the accumulation of Zeros assets would actually advance said fan game towards closer completion. If your fan game only has one zone done, you might not be the best applicant. If your game has several zones made and is closer towards completion, but maybe has a zone or two that are lacking in quality, this might be more ideal.

On the table are the following:

• Palmtree Parkway Zone
    • Snout badnik, Worm badnik, concept art, level maps, graphics, level gimmicks, etc.

[*]Tidal Tubes Zone

• Sub-bubbles badnik, Dragonfly badnik, Otter badnik, concept art, level maps, graphics, level gimmicks, etc.

[*]Unfinished Assets

• (Electric Enclave, Quirky Quarry, etc.)

[*]Concepts for other Zones

[*]Misc

• Amy, Power Ups, leftover badniks and bosses, smaller stuff

This includes any gimmicks and enemies that are already in each zone, sprited, programmed, or both. This also includes anything you saw in the 2012 demo. Not sure about Kaosu, but I'll try to assist in bringing the zones over. Also included will be stuff such as concept art for uncreated gimmicks, and assistance in finishing the zones level layouts. Note: I won't be able to assist in porting things at a programming level to your fan game.

The assets won't be handed out publicly, so contact me via PM or Skype to apply for these assets, or post here if you have an inquiry about something specific, questions about the assets, Zero Remastered in general, etc. The Zero team would love to make sure everything doesn't go to waste, to a good home. If your game is not made in Multimedia Fusion 2.0, then everything you acquire will have to be recoded.

So basically, if you have a fan game and you need material, acquire within.

email: [email protected]

Some samples of what you can expect:

The whole 2012 demo.

sfghq1.png

sfghq2.png

sfghq3.png

sfghq4.png

Thanks! I might start posting concept for it soon. I've been needing feedback for awhile.

As for updates, Palmtree Parkway and Tidal Tubes look like they're going to Sonic Time Twisted. Electric Enclave is going to Sonic Edge. Strife is currently looking through enemies and gimmicks of interest. With the main zones going to Twisted, and various things being redesigned for Freedom Planet (to help make them original, and or get rid of the Sonic look) I don't think similar content should be a problem.

I'm thinking about making the remaining assets public and letting whoever wants what claim them. Keep in mind some stuff was contributed by other members so the works will be labeled and you'll still have to give credit to them. Sound like a good deal?

I'm thinking about making the remaining assets public and letting whoever wants what claim them. Keep in mind some stuff was contributed by other members so the works will be labeled and you'll still have to give credit to them. Sound like a good deal?

Sounds awesome indeed. Kind of like, the first sfghq lib submitted in the last 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...

All coding assets were claimed or moved to Delta, so only sprites and tiles here, folks.

Just a few things before I dump the remains of Zero:

If SAGE 2013 is happening this year, I'm considering hosting a livestream about how to do level design. Would anyone be interested? I would most likely use Palmtree Parkway or Tidal Tubes as the example. This would mainly cover level design, enemy placement, how gimmicks relate to level design, etc.

Alright, lets get down to the leftovers.

Once somethings claimed, it'll be removed from this post and handed via PM to the new owner, less they specify otherwise.

Genesized Kukku sprites.

kukku01.png

Sonic and Metal Sonics sheets are also up for grabs, but I'm only going to post Metals as a sample. Send me a PM with your project and its progress, since Sonic and Metals sheets are designed in a specific shading style that's a mix of Sonic 2 and 3, so I just want to make sure they go to the right projects.

metal01.png

Concept for a scrapped zone, Scrambled Sphinx.

ssznose.jpg

Sonic Zeros special stages were going to be an upgraded remake of the Triple Trouble special stages. This is the sprite progress that was made, as well as the original art, done by Kaosu.

special01.png

special02.png

Sketch artwork for a title screen, also by Kaosu.

title01.png

Misc Sprites

misc01w.png

If there's anything else I forgot while looking through Dropbox, I'll post it.

Lastly, if SAGE 2013 is happening this year, I'm considering hosting a livestream about how to do level design. Would anyone be interested? I would most likely use Palmtree Parkway or Tidal Tubes as the example. This would mainly cover level design, enemy placement, how gimmicks relate to level design, etc.

I would be pleased)