A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic DX

GamerZ1

jGQunr3.png
this is Classic Sonic thingy with some of (+)

Iz still a concept, so... yeah. Finally! Found the engine! need to get used on it for few experiments

[updateLog]

-[12/10/2014] : Engine found and design something gud

-[11/12/2014] : Re-Work(?)

-[10/9/2013] : Added level
-[10/5/2013] : Re-Arrange the levels, add & delete levels, and now classic sonic! XP
-[10/3/2013] : Adding picture (thought seems to be some error) and some of minor thingies
-[10/1/2013] : Rewrite the story, the levels, the old one replaced to other spoiler, and all of them! XD

The Level List :
-Flat Forest (Working) [Forest/Jungle Theme]

oVoo56P.png(Working)
-Deep Drowsy (Wait) [underground/Cave Theme]

-Gyro Gear (Concept) [Tech Theme (Cables and stuff)]
-Frosty Flowcomb (Concept) [Winter Theme]
-Mystery Massacre (Scrapped)
-Volcanic Valley (Working) [Volcano/Hell(LOL) Theme]

Not Final )

Engine : Sonic Worlds 1.4.3
--------------------------------

YtzOgX2.png<-- iz the "Reactor Core"

This picture tells everything about the story

--------------------------------

Seriously, i can't find the right engine. xD

so yea, still working on arts only.

i'll try my best to learn and not to destroy the engine.

any of idea and thought would be appreciate

and i tried to learn english

Edited by GamerZ1

Volcanic Valley! XD

This is the Final (Maybe...) of Volcanic Valley :

[Picture of zone goes here]

Final? I think not. You've got a LONG way to go before that even remotely looks aesthetically pleasing.

While the main backdrop for the area looks nice enough, the foreground is nothing but a cluster-fuck of semi-edited Green Hill Zone and Labyrinth Zone tiles. (They're nothing more than straight re-colorings of GHZ and LZ with some edited totem poles and rocks. Why would you even use GHZ? It doesn't even fit the idea of a volcano-type level!) Hell the only original looking thing I can see in that image are the platforms, though I'm positive I've seen them somewhere before.

On top of that, your Character sprites do not consistently retain the same style. While most seem to be edited from Sonic 2 to have the stature of Sonic 3's sprites, a few are just straight Sonic 3 sprites that have no editing. I assume they're going to be edited into the correct style later, though, so no real gripes.

Other than that, the palette of Sonic is a little too bright. You might want to darken the blue on him a tad.

Despite all of this though, there's something eerily familiar about all of this, but I can't put my finger on it. Have you posted anything about this game elsewhere?

mm.... In Senntient! XD

well, that's not the right places for my project! =D

Except for my "Comic" project

---------------------------------------------------

The Concept and the Pixelated is totally Diffrient, maybe i'll change that.

For Sonic : i know it's too bright, cause i figure out the color of Modern Sonic! XD. Anyway, i keep that Semi Sonic 3 Style and there's a newer version of that, but i keep in DeviantArt : GamerSaga

Sorry for that. Cause i still new in Sonic Fan Game. =(

Write to me , I'll help you.

Thanks, =D

what will you contribute? i need BG Art, Music, Level Design, and much more! XD

Look, I'm usually too harsh. If you want a more sensible criticism, here it is:

While the backdrop is somewhat fitting for the area cliche, the foreground sticks out like a sore thumb. Yeah, Labyrinth zone and HydroCity zone tiles work....to a point, Green Hill Zone just doesn't work. You want a sort of rocky texture for the terrain, or you could make it snow ash from the volcanoes in the vg and have it stain the grasses grey. Do something to convey the feeling that you are near a volcano.

I agree with Betaman, the background looks way better in comparison to the foreground. It's lacking elements that everything tie in together. The fire red green hill zone grass doesn't flow well with the idea of a "Volcanic Valley Zone."

Going with what Betaman side, the ground should be something reminiscent of ash and soot, jagged rocks, maybe even some small burning plant life. Some burned down trees would be a nice touch, or even a lava flow that the player must cross.

Look into real life locations when getting your ideas for a level design down, it will help you create a better, more presentable piece of work.

This is the Final (Maybe...) of Volcanic Valley :

[qimg]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/060/2/b/volcanic_valley_mockup_by_gamersaga-d5wkr6k.png[/qimg]

It looks good, as a concept. Having so much of the same color hurts my eyes, that's why i try to avoid doing levels with that problem.

Try doing the things betaman said, some volcanic ash in the ground would be pretty neat, also, Green Hill tiles will not make the trick, try using something else, like the lava reef rocks, try being creative, if it doesn't work the first time, try again. Some ideas might look really good on paper, but when it comes to actually making them on your computer, that's another story.

Also be sure to have a palette for your level, otherwise it will look strange.

Good luck buddy.

That i was want to do! XD

but, i don't have speciality of that! XD

and the Foreground, makes me weird for some reason......

i bet i can change that foreground! =D

Will someone help me? i hope BG Art, Music, Level Design, and Boss Art can be handle by another member.... =)

EDIT : oh, and thanks for your critiques! =D

I'll help you out if my job and schools lightens up soon, until then, I can't help :c

I'll message you if I can or not in one weeks times.

Unfortantly, though, all I am really good for, since I haven't had the time to keep up my spriting skills, now is brainstorming ideas. So if you need a good idea bouncer, I am ready and willing to give ya a hand. Just message me over my skype, I'm almost always online.