A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SMB3 Map Movement

Does anybody know how you would make Mario throughout a map? Like he does in SMB3. I used a how-to someone made but it required active objects for him to stop at points, and to go along the paths. I'm using TGF by the way.

Below is a double post that has been automagically merged into the original.

If it isn't possible, is it possible to make a map movement like on Tails' Adventure? Move to level and level, and not move when level isn't completed.

Let's see, how to explain. Okay, I'd use only 1 other object besides the character. Let's say you press right to go to another spot and Value A of the point you're on says it's okay ( meaning you've beat the level ) and the character is not moving, then an invisible 2x2 dot sensor positions itself to the next spot. Now that the character is not overlapping it, its speed is set to 50 ( considering you're using ball movement ) and its direction is set to look at the invisible sensor. When you're overlapping it again, stop moving. Then you just got to program the sensor to move to the different spots depend what key you pressed and what spot you're on.

Okay, this is my upcoming Mario fangame that I'm having problems on. I'm trying to actually code the map movement as Tails' Adventure does. See, Global value 5 is the number to enter levels, and GV 6 is the number that tells you you've completed the level, it will increase everytime you clear a level, and it adds one after you pass a world. Could any of you guys see what I am doing wrong? The game is attached to this post, it's a TGF .gam file BTW.