A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The "Sonic: Edge of Darkness" Thread

So after a... I dunno, 2 month hiatus, work finally resumed on this project a couple of weeks ago.

Transitioning from a regular school to magnet school is a huge adjustment, so I haven't had much time to put any work in, as the game's programmer. Delta has been getting some graphics done here and there, but nothing huge has been done yet.

So, without further ado, here are some compiled screen shots of Shimmering Shores' progress!

JrpUg.pngV6g6b.png

Co15v.pngbm1W7.png

Huge thanks to Overbound as well for the help on the blue trail. Seems like he taught me a thing or two about coding as well. :D

I don't like the sprite you're using for the trail tbh. It's blurry and just sticks out from the rest of the sprites.

The totem poles are a bit flat aswell and don't really match the colours of the level, it's too dark. I dislike the contrast of the dark brown to the bright yellow.

Other than that it's looking really good and I really wish we'd have a demo soon because it's been like 1 & a half years ;-;

I don't really see the resemblance. Yours is just like stripes and the Chaotix leaves have depth because of the shading. If you want to improve yours I'd put the reference right in your file and try to draw shading on your leaves as close as you can get it. Taking into consideration the angles of the leaves of course.

Better? I tried adding more leaves and make the shading more realistic.

[qimg]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz281/darkspikes598/newtreebetter.png[/qimg]

This looks fantastic, sir. I would ask for you to change the trunk but I'm sure you like the Ristar one. Maybe custom?

Also, maybe try a tiny bit of shade on the top two coconuts.