A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The "Sonic: Edge of Darkness" Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving aside the fact that you plainly reuse Icecap's bg and badniks, looks sweet. I especially like the palette.

Well I'm just putting in the enemies that Delta sent me to put in, but these are from a while ago. He hasn't been able to make new badniks recently. Same applies to the background in the indoor section :S

• 3 weeks later...

That would make it too obvious.

Well do you have a recommendation for making the falling crystal stand out more? I feel like it blends in with the ground tiles too much.

Bliz, Make those floor-spikes more sharp and narrow. Also make them look more like crystal.

I would like replace this dark ice block with ice rock or breakable snow pile.

Maybe you add water to this level?

I already put a water section for Act 1, Act 2 is going to be completely outside.

nqIP0zm.png

And for editing the graphics I'm not sure how to make it more crystal, most likely because I lack the artistic expertise to do so.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. Just as a quick update, I apologize for the fact that I rarely ever visit the forums anymore. I've been really busy regarding personal matters, and to top it all off my computer's hard drive crashed not too long ago. I'm still very much working on the project, making tilesets, character sprites, the works, I've just had a few setbacks recently. Once my whole computer situation gets sorted out, things will change tremendously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just to show proof the project isn't dead. 

jHXr5F0.png

Edge of Darkness is currently facing a complete overhaul, from story concepts to a new game engine. A new trailer might come out in the coming months, assuming things work out right. If anyone is looking to provide graphical assistance, or be a part of the small team, contact me.

• 2 weeks later...

And suddenly...

soCjGaS.png

LEVEL ORDER CHANGE! (2nd level, Towering Treetops) To make the transitions between levels more cohesive, some of the levels have been switched around. The tileset for this stage is very WIP and could change or it could not.

A level order change as well, wonder what the level order would be? Besides where's Delta anyway, Is he still with you?

Edited by Emotivecastle12

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just needed to post something since it's been a while:

Q9cubff.png

One of the new changes coming to the game is the fact that level structure will be similar to the Adventure games, where each Zone will have one Act. Bosses have not been planned out yet.

Acts will try to clock in at least 3 min. For Shimmering Shores, the Act 1 and Act 2 maps will be combined, along with some new routes and secrets.

A new Demo is planned for the next SAGE in 2015, with two playable zones: Shimmering Shores and the new Towering Treetops. More details to come in the future. :D

• Like 2

Q9cubff.png

One of the new changes coming to the game is the fact that level structure will be similar to the Adventure games, where each Zone will have one Act. Bosses have not been planned out yet.

Acts will try to clock in at least 3 min. For Shimmering Shores, the Act 1 and Act 2 maps will be combined, along with some new routes and secrets.

A new Demo is planned for the next SAGE in 2015, with two playable zones: Shimmering Shores and the new Towering Treetops. More details to come in the future. :D

That is so cool, what engine is it running on now, besise that you and Delta have done it again, to impress the members of SFGHQ/Sonic United.

That is so cool, what engine is it running on now, besise that you and Delta have done it again, to impress the members of SFGHQ/Sonic United.

It's running on AeroGP's Studio engine. The physics are much better than the previous engine that was being used, which was the DASH engine. Perhaps a video in the future can impress more people haha

• Like 1

Q9cubff.png

I was wondering why instead of three acts, one large act?