A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic ATS - Released

LakeFeperd

Sonic BTS with cutscenes Error:

Cannot use control \"ControlName\" registered at

{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000} in this computer registry:

Unable to find any programming interface.

Then after that, the Program Compatibility Assistant pops up and says SBTS requires a missing Windows component.

Details says the program requires flash.ocx

As of now, I can play the game without cutscenes but why? What changed? What's preventing SBTS (and SATS) from using cutscenes recently?

The game ain't the same without its intended feature.

On a different note, I only found one Kirby Powerup in the first Zone of SATS. Are there more?

One potential fix for the flash.ocx thing is this:

If that Flash file doesn't exist, try reinstalling Flash.

However, after looking up that register "D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000", it seems to say it's a Windows Server 2003 register used to blacklist Flash objects, meaning it either doesn't exist or Flash videos are blacklisted and can't be run.

In the case of the latter, it implies you're trying to run this on a server. Are you playing it on a school/library/whatever computer? If so, they probably caught on and blocked Flash running in executables.

If not, then it means a part of the Flash install has been updated incorrectly, either not creating the register or having tried to install the wrong version of Flash.

Here's what I'd try:

First, UNINSTALL and then reinstall Flash.

How to uninstall Flash: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Installer (you could prolly do this yourself but... meh): http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If this doesn't work, do what that video says:

If THAT doesn't work, then one of your registers is buggered somewhere (or some setting has been changed for god knows what reason) and in that case, I'M STUMPED 'cause my computer (Windows 8) doesn't have the mentioned register.

And as I said... if you're on a network somewhere, then someone has prolly blocked it so...yeah.

</help>

KTHXBI <3

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how to feel about the stark contrast between Rude Awakening and Breakfast Time as phases of the same boss. I guess I'll figure it out when I play the game.

Now that you mentioned it, are you guys going to change the name of the track? because breakfast time, sounds a little too inappropriate.

EDIT: "Rude awakening" then "Breakfast Time"?

Sounds like every morning in my life. lol.

Now that you mentioned it, are you guys going to change the name of the track? because breakfast time, sounds a little too inappropriate.

EDIT: "Rude awakening" then "Breakfast Time"?

Sounds like every morning in my life. lol.

Don't they say 'Breakfast Time' in the track?

And yeah, I think that's the idea (@ your edit). The adventure is being compared to a 'day in the life'. Awoken rudely by the first stage of the boss, then after getting up, having breakfast!

i want to say things, i want to say things so bad, but i dont think ill get away with it

I dont know what happened to sfghq, there's no more coverfire members around anymore to deal with this shit

I've asked Lake if he wanted me to lay down the law in this thread twice before. He always declined. It's his thread so I've let it be. But I have taken notice. If people start posting random songs, stupid pictures, or dumb random thoughts elsewhere in the forum. I won't put up with it for long. The forums are for meaningful discussion and relevant information. I would suggest everyone keep that in mind when they post. Aizen90, AZD-FGP, Jassbec, HerrKartoffelDachs, Dash

I don't know why you're including me in that list when I haven't done any of those things, I've always been on topic asking questions about the game, I know you said everyone, but you also pretty much listed all the people who've been screwing around, clarify please?

I've asked Lake if he wanted me to lay down the law in this thread twice before. He always declined. It's his thread so I've let it be. But I have taken notice. If people start posting random songs, stupid pictures, or dumb random thoughts elsewhere in the forum. I won't put up with it for long. The forums are for meaningful discussion and relevant information. I would suggest everyone keep that in mind when they post. Aizen90, AZD-FGP, Jassbec, HerrKartoffelDachs, Dash

If lake doesn't mind, then there's no reason for me to.

It's not even the offtopic part, nobody even cares about that.

It's just...every...single...thread...is a reddit page....

DDZ act 2 is done. CCZ act 2 is almost done and that's pretty much it.

After that, we will just beta test the game a final time and release it.

Probably sometime around the end of this week or the next one.

But please don't get upset if the game isn't released in time.

If lake doesn't mind, then there's no reason for me to.

It's not even the offtopic part, nobody even cares about that.

It's just...every...single...thread...is a reddit page....

Outside of the General Project Discussion, yeah...pretty much.

And i honestly don't get off topic that much (i said "that much", i do get off topic like in the first thread for FTB.)

i post silly thing here and there but that's all.

Sorry if the forums are not the same thing they used to be.

@LakeFeperd

Anyway, i'm glad your game is almost going to be released!

Just say when, and i'll beta test again with joy! (might try the Special Stages in this run as well.)

For nitty gritty info on what's happening, Funk Fiction and I have been working closely on CCZ2 with lots of things being sent back and forth. Timezone differences between us haven't really helped but we're getting there. I'm sending my guitar tracks to him tomorrow morning and after that we're on the home straight.

Quoting a glitch I found earlier:

I just found a glitch when playing through the demo, on Cyan City act 1, I was at the part where you have two fans on the floor and one of those small red enemies with the shield standing on a block between the two fans and you have to hover over the badnik using the fans without touching him, I landed on him with no rings but instead of dying, the losing a life jingle played but I just bounced off him still in Sonic's floating animation, landed and carried on playing as normal. I just tried this glitch again and I died this time so it's random whether it happens or not.

Also at the beginning of act 1, if you take the lower route, when you come across the double helix loop section, you can go down from there to the bottom floor, all that way down there's a pillar/wall that you can walk through (

comes into view at 18 seconds, sonic runs over the top of it) and out the other side, which is necessary for the top half of the wall because one of the double helix paths goes through it, but there's no need for the bottom half not to be solid, when you jump through the bottom half of the wall there's nothing on the other side and you just fall to your death. (through some interesting wall textures not seen anywhere else in the level I should add on the way down) That bottom half of the wall, under the point where you emerge through the wall via the lower route of the helix, needs to be sealed up so you can't go through it.

Okay if this is too complicated I might go get some screencaps.

YESS!!! So when is the game going to be released? Do you know or has lake not decided or what?

According to Lake on the Sonic Retro thread:

ATS is virtually done. It's not a month away, or even a week away. The finishing touches on the very last track are being made right now, and we'll run through the game internally just to be absolutely sure and then it'll be out. The OST itself will take a few more days as we want to properly arrange and tag everything this time around, not to mention all our nifty ideas for interactive youtube playlisting/etc.