A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Freedom Planet (v. 1.4)

Strife

Sweet! Thanks guys! ^_^

There is actually a Steam object for MMF2, but it requires the Steam developer's kit, which they don't give you unless your game is Greenlit. So, Clickteam doesn't pass it out unless you meet that condition.

First time I've heard of it - Neat.

So yeah, your kickstarter is firing up like a rocket right now. Congrats!

I'm sure I'll be able to back before it expires. I'll set aside some money just for that.

Big thanks to everyone for the good wishes and pledges! ^_^ We've setup our stretch goals in case we receive a lot of excess funding.

I'm positively floored by how quickly we were funded. Granted, our goal is extremely small compared to most other games, but I was still overwhelmed by the support in a good way. The more funding we get, the better our chances will be of overcoming the limits and downsides of MMF2 with regards to exporting and the like. Heck, if we get enough funding, we might even be able to afford getting the full game reprogrammed into a different engine.

Going to be honest, Freedom Planet has started to make me rethink about all the effort I've put into SFGs over the years.

Edit: On another note, and I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but is there any way to make a window or task bar appear in the game? I have a dual monitor setup and I'd rather the game launched on my auxiliary monitor.

Hmm... This is something I should look into. I had to remove the border because it was interfering with the screen resizing. I'll see if I can make it so that clicking and dragging anywhere on the game screen will move the window.

Anyhoo, we're on Steam Greenlight! Upvote us if you'd like:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=120841685

You may want to re-add that border if possible. Switching between windowed and full-screen is still possible with Alt-Enter and being able to move the window should be a simple but nice benefit.

To put that in perspective, I tried Street Fighter x MegaMan and it has similar benefits. I'm not sure if that was made in MMF2, but Freedom Planet gave me a nasty graphic error when running it while SFxMM was up, so maybe they share resources... and that game does have decent joypad support. It could be something worth looking into.

Good luck with Greenlight, too! I'd vote but apparently I can't until I complete any transaction and I never really used Steam so I had no idea. :(

Congrats on reaching your goal so damn quickly Strife. I hope Freedom Planet has an awesome future ahead of itself, and gets accepted on Steam as well. When it is greenlit, oh hell I'm giving you my moneys asap.

Congrats Strife. You deserve the success.

Congrats on the Kickstarter success Strife! Hope you get Greenlit too.

I'm holding off on donating to the kickstarter for a bit though. I'm going to see how this goes for a little while before I send 100$ to something that might go south.

I'm seriously happy for you though, I never though this game would get this far!

It really is such an inspiration to watch Freedom Planet come so far, you know? What's more amazing is that it will get even better with time... here's hoping it can make it all the way! :D

Though if you don't mind me asking, Strife, when would one get the closed beta? A friend helped me to pledge for that (and plenty more), can't say I'd start bug testing right away but I'd like to get on that soon. That's when it really counts, right?

Thank you, Overbound. I don't know what all that was about, none of my business, but it really didn't need to take over a thread that had nothing to do with it.

In any case, I'm glad I could pledge for Freedom Planet. Looking forward to that closed alpha a few months from now! Don't think I may be able to report bugs like I did in this topic but it's good enough to know I'll still be on the case. It's more fun than I thought, really. :)

@TSS_Ty: Oh, that would explain it. I haven't gotten anything of that sort, but then I don't really use Steam much. I'd certainly vote for Freedom Planet but I guess they added this rule to ensure real costumers would vote.

It's been ages since I was last here, but I wanted to say this to you Strife.

I donated $50, because this is a game I really want to see move forward. The chance to alpha test this game was also too good to pass up. Also, you've nearly reached the $7000 goal too! That's amazing!