A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What games are you currently playing?

Someone has to post the generic topics, I guess. Might as well be me.

Essentially, what it says on the tin. Use this topic to inform fellow members of what games you are playing at the moment (Not necessarily limited to games being played at the very moment of posting, mind.), as well as report your progress and accomplishments, should you wish. There is no particular format you have to abide by, although I will request that you specify which platform you are playing your games of choice on if they are multi-platform for the sake of avoiding potential confusion.

Pokemon Black 2 (NDS)

Recently managed to clear the third gym and had some battles with an associate of mine. Needless to say, the battles went unfavourably, probably on account of my having only cleared three gyms and my opponent's team containing Uber-tier Pokemon.

• Like 1

what games am i playin?

meh

i have to say

Mugen(pc)

just a broken fighting game where you use it to make your own fighting games. But people decided to make characters from other fighting games in this... now its a pretty unbalanced game. I like it.

haylol 4(EXXX BOXXXX)xbox360

promethians.... what the hell.....

Sonic vs LF2(pc)

A mod of the really cool old fighting game little fighter 2. except this one, you play as sonic chars and stuff.

Final Fantasy VII

Despite considering myself somewhat of a FF fan, I only actually played FF VII a few months ago, but dropped it due to the fact that I simply couldn't find the time to game like I had been able to prior, and especially not to sink 50+ hours into just one game. However, I recently got back onto the game and booted up my old save. After having my ass kicked back and forth a little in order to get re-acclimatised with the experience, I had a lot of fun. I'd forgotten how endearing the cast could be, and some of the music is wonderful.

Currently I been playing around with Assassin's Creed III and Far Cry 3 

Both games are quite solid.  I noticed more glitches with Assassin's Creed III for the Xbox 360, but nothing drastic just some clipping errors and audio glitches.  Far Cry 3 though is for sure on my favorite games list.  In my opinion I think Far Cry succeeds Skyrim right now!

Both games are worth a try and worth every dollar! 

The only thing I really have time for these days is my my JXD handheld, so I just emulate old games with the occasional Android game. The last thing I played was Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure, but I've been playing some of the Mega Man games lately as well.

Mugen(pc)

just a broken fighting game where you use it to make your own fighting games. But people decided to make characters from other fighting games in this... now its a pretty unbalanced game. I like it.

Ahahaha, I used to play MUGEN all the time in high school, back when folks like JudgeSpear and Ampchu used to make videos of it. I have a ton of (really bad) videos of myself playing as Chun-Li and a few other characters it on my YouTube channel. I'm surprised it's still active.

I'm playing through Sonic Generations and Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) for the Xbox 360 right now.

I'm surprised by Sonic Generations level design. I'd say it has the best level design for a 3D Sonic game with all of the open spaces, alternative routes, and hidden areas. I just wish there was more to do in the game overall as the story mode lasts for about 2 hours roughly. I'd still rank it as one of my favourite 3D Sonic games though.

I'm about to play Pokemon Black 2, as I still need to train before I take on the second gym leader. However once Mega man Ledgens 2 comes in the mail i'll definitely start playing that. <3 I just ordered it a few days ago and it's expected to be in on Wednesday so I probably won't be playing Black 2 for too long. :P

I'm about to play Pokemon Black 2, as I still need to train before I take on the second gym leader. However once Mega man Ledgens 2 comes in the mail i'll definitely start playing that. <3 I just ordered it a few days ago and it's expected to be in on Wednesday so I probably won't be playing Black 2 for too long. :P

What Pokemon are in your team thus far? Any in particular you're aiming to get?

Been playing Assassin's Creed III and Dead or Alive 5 lately on the 360. Was trying to play Ninja Gaiden III as well but I just havn't been enjoying it like with the previous installments.

How is Assassin's Creed III? I've heard mixed views on it thus far, and I've been on the fence for a while now about Dead or Alive 5.

I've most recently started playing Crash Team Racing again. The game has certainly aged, but it was surprisingly fun to race around those old tracks again, and it was nice to play the game that started off my fondness towards kart racers.

How is Assassin's Creed III? I've heard mixed views on it thus far, and I've been on the fence for a while now about Dead or Alive 5.

I'll be honest and say I'm not really that far into the actual game it's self. One of the new things you can do in this game is hunt wild and animals and I find myself doing that instead of continuing the story. As I normally do in these games I screw around for hours at a time before actually advancing with the story. I have enjoyed the game thus far though.

For Dead or Alive 5 I’ve liked it for the most part, I’ve enjoyed in more than DOA4 but I still consider Ultimate to be my favorite Dead or Alive game in the series.

I got Assassin's Creed III when it came out thanks to a sale, and quite honestly I have not felt the drive once to finish it. And I consider myself a huge fan of the main games before it. It's not radically different than the earlier titles, but maybe that's why I haven't felt compelled to beat it. I really should get back to it sometime, but man nothing about it was just popping out at me and begging me to play it.

As for what I'm playing, I tend to keep my Backloggery signature image updated well enough. Bayonetta is my first action game and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'm dying a lot on Normal, but I'm seeing why just about everybody sings praises for this game. It really is satisfying to dodge an attack at the last second, go into Witch Time, then just wail on enemies. 

Anarchy Reigns definitely isn't Platinum's strongest title (I haven't played Infinite Space though) but I'm having enough fun with it. Pretty neat game that makes me want to try God Hand even more. I think my favorite moment was in an online match where everything devolved into pure madness. A single "WHAT IS GOING ON" squeaked out of my speakers. Welcome to the rodeo. 

Pokemon White 2 has recaptured (teehee) my interest since the X/Y announcement. My team really isn't all that great, I'm just running around trying to buff them up a bit before the seventh gym. Enjoying myself well enough even so.

Castle Crashers

Haven't played this in a while, although it would have to be one of my favorite games of all time, and I was incredibly pleased to have stumbled across it all those years ago. Unfortunately, it seems my data has been wiped and I lost all my character levels (and most of my characters.), so I've had to start up again.

Castle Crashers

Haven't played this in a while, although it would have to be one of my favorite games of all time, and I was incredibly pleased to have stumbled across it all those years ago. Unfortunately, it seems my data has been wiped and I lost all my character levels (and most of my characters.), so I've had to start up again.

I love Castle Crashers! I remember getting it when it first hit the Xbox Market Place!

I've been playing through Mega Man Legends 2 and I've been having trouble getting that darn S license. >.< I would like to obtain it and explore the ruins outside Kimotoma. There's also a few treasure chests I skipped over while exploring Kimotoma's ruins, and I can't seem to figure out how to get past the stupid fire trap blocking the area. >.>

I'm playing... uhh... crap, I forgot I don't play games anymore. x__x

Well, I guess Sonic Generations counts. I've been helping BandicootG with his Blaze mod after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNy_a1PXRM4

Gonna go off topic for this ONE post but Sol how'd you get mods on the PC of Sonic Generations?  I been out of the modding scene for some time now and was wondering how since I would like to get back in it.  PM / Skype me or whatever if you wouldn't mind helping me out!