A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Fan Games: Anyone Want To Revisit The Past? - BIG UPDATE PG 9

sonicyoda

NEW LINKS ARE OVER HERE

Right you horrible lot, all this speak of revamping the main site got me curious. I knew I had an old disc kicking about with a load of old fan games on it so I went in search for this holy grail of fangaming history.

Amazingly I have discovered it and wondered whether any of you lot would actually like to have a look through. I'm not sure what the forum's stance is on sharing other people's old content but it's not like I'm offering source code or anything, just old demos and complete games (yes, they happened!) from the past for a little bit of nostalgia.

Here's the full list:

Demos
Bladerunners SX
Chaomega
Chaos Control
Chaos Control - VR Missions
Radical Sonic
Retro Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic 2K4
Sonic 360 and Sonic Video Mix
Sonic - Back to the City
Sonic - The Fated Hour
Sonic Adventure 2 - Revival
Sonic and Ice
Sonic Avalanche
Sonic DIY
Sonic Forever
Sonic Frenzy Adventure
Sonic Gamma
Sonic Groove
Sonic Ki
Sonic Move
Sonic Overdrive
Sonic Psychotix 3
Sonic Psychotix 3 - City Escape
Sonic Psychotix 3 - Hydrocity Zone (improved)
Sonic Psychotix Advance
Sonic Reactor
Sonic Revitalized 3D
Sonic SV2
Sonic Switch Demo 3
Sonic Switch Demo 4
Sonic the Fighters 2
Sonic the Hedgehog Project Mettrix
Sonic Unity
Sonic XG
Tails to the Rescue
Vehemence
First set of demos from Bladerunners SX to Sonic Move
2nd set of demos from Sonic Overdrive to Vehemence
3rd set of demos containing Nitemare's Sonic 360, a newer Retro Sonic demo, a newer Sonic Ki demo, the final Sonic XG demo, Sonic Xtreme Remix and the 2008 demos of Sonic Frenzy Adventure and Sonic: The Fated Hour for reference.

Full Games
Eggman Tug
Knuckles Millenium
Knuckles Millenium 2
ShenSonic
Showdown - The Beginning of the End
Sonic Battle 2
Sonic Battle 2 Chao Garden
Sonic Battle - Hedgehog Style
Sonic Chudoku
Sonic Dead Zone
Sonic Fight
Sonic MADventure
Sonic Maze Mania
Sonic Time Attacked
Thirdscape Xmas Special
Zoneracer
First part of the full games from Eggman Tug to Sonic Battle 2 Chao Garden
2nd part of the full games from Sonic Battle Hedgehog Style to Zoneracer

So before I start uploading them all, would anyone actually be interested? Could be good content for the main site (even though I'm sure some of these are on the main site)!

PC0 says: I compiled all of them into one big ass rar if anyone wants an easier way to get the whole package. I uploaded it to my personal webspace, here's the link:
http://pc0.sepwich.com/SFG/Games.rar

• Like 5

I also have this:

sonic3dengine.png

It's labelled as "Sonic 3D Engine" can't remember where I actually found it (Probably searching this forum) but I think it's a previous project Dobermann made before Sonic Xtreme Remix. It only features one small level, once you completed that it simply closes itself down. Does anyone want it? Or is it widely available?

Haha! That was awesome! Nice little engine he had going there. Ran really smooth and was quite intuitive. Sonic ran a little fast which made the platforming a little tricky but it would have been nice to see more done with that engine.

Also: First set of demos from Bladerunners SX to Sonic Move

Check the running animation in Sonic Move, it's hilarious.

2nd set of demos from Sonic Overdrive to Vehemence

Chaomega and Sonic Unity were probably my favourite fan games back in the day. Their engines are proper dodgy now but the animation is still fantastic, especially the badnik explosions. The wall-jumping is still the best in any fangame. Playing it is so nostalgic, I remember when everyone used those crazy, elongated Mega Drive/SA2 crossover sprites!

Also, I've had that Vehemence demo since 2004 and don't remember it at all. Nice suprise to see Ila made it!

Okay, last lot before I go to bed. 3rd set of demos containing Nitemare's Sonic 360, a newer Retro Sonic demo, a newer Sonic Ki demo, the final Sonic XG demo, Sonic Xtreme Remix and the 2008 demos of Sonic Frenzy Adventure and Sonic: The Fated Hour for reference. Full games will go up tomorrow evening.

Have fun!

• Like 1

gsoft@gsd /cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/gsoft/Games/fg/
$ ls
BraSonic		         Sonic Ultra Return DLX	 
Sonic Velocity Demo
FastRevelation		 Sonic Web Access [Vista Compatible]
Legendary Sonichaos	 Sonic&Friends 2
Madventure2		 SonicDIY
MazeMania		         SonicJr
Neo Sonic Universe	 SonicStash
One Girl Army		 SonicTurbo
ProjectMettrix		 Sonichaos Revolution		
TFH-Sage	                 TaleOfTwoSonics
Sonic MADventure	 The Fated Hour
Sonic Ultra		         TimeAttacked
Sonic Ultra 3		 Ultimate Flash Sonic
Sonic Ultra Compilation  Ultimate Sonichaos
Sonic Ultra Return	 When Tails Gets Bored

This is what I have.

@gsoft

Does your When Tails Gets Bored copy include the game's font files, which make the in-game text work proprerly?

The version hosted at Retro lacks those, and WTGB still doesn't have it's own page at the new Sonic Vegemite site.

Edit:

http://www.wuala.com/Hyper%20Emerson/Jogos/When%20Tails%20Gets%20Bored/

Thanks, gsoft.

Hi, new here (well sort of, haven't been here for yonks). SonicYoda told me about this thread so I decided to gather up a pile of my old stuff and let people download it, you can grab it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ONV1N124

Amongst it is tons of demos and games I was working on between 2000-2004 I think, though this isn't everything by any means. Might need to find out what fonts I was using for some of these as they don't even work for me anymore (made these games on an old computer). Obviously the stuff is crazy outdated and was mostly quite poorly programmed even back then but enjoy anyway. :)

• Like 1

As long as it has that crazy Schmup you made I'm there. Welcome back BTW, it would be nice if you stayed a while.

Hey ila! Yeah the demo for Gagapow is in there. I have some later stuff of that I could upload too, though that's all unfinished engine tests and whatnot. I even tried to produce it in Flash at one stage which started ok but the action script refused to work for me.

Bah I downloaded the 2nd part of the full games and got 'unexpected end of archive'. I'll re-download it later see if it works the 2nd time, downloading part 1 now.

Also your archive has the first release of Sonic Chudoku, in my zip it has version two made in MMF, which adds a pile of extras and junk. :)