A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SonicGDK 1.20.109 (along with playable levels inside)

Xaklse

tbyB4wp.png

SonicGDK is a codebase, a collection of source codes, which allows anyone to create 3D platformer video games based on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. It can be freely modified and is integrated with the UDK, providing you with a modern game engine in which to develop your game.

Unreal Development Kit (UDK) is the Unreal Engine 3, a complete professional development framework used to create games on the PC. Visit www.udk.com for more information.

The custom assets bundled with SonicGDK were created by several contributors and supplied for testing purposes.

- System requirements:
• Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• 2.0 GHz single-core processor
• 2 GB system RAM
• Shader Model 3.0 compatible graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 8600GT or better, ATI Radeon X1950Pro or better)

- Download links (choose source code or standalone):
• Source Code (1.20.109; requires UDK July 2013): LINK
• Windows standalone .exe (Packaged Release 9; requires nothing): LINK
• MacOS standalone .dmg (Packaged Release 6; requires nothing): LINK

- Installation, keyboard/gamepad buttons, featured moves:
Read the readme file, or visit the wiki.

- Website with forums:
33371.png

- Media:

Preview Release 5 Trailer (2011)

TOq2WXYs.jpgNCtzFDBs.jpgg091p6rs.jpg6y9yzkWs.jpg
P0urFCVs.jpg3cplovMs.jpgYuDsnjgs.jpgmQHJNHUs.jpg

- Tutorials:
HERE

- Other playable games done with SonicGDK:
HERE

Edited by Xaklse

Not bad. I was surprised how well this ran on my PC, since UT3 noticably chugs on higher detail settings. I mean, I guess this basically is just a big empty test map... but still.

Looking forward to seeing an animated Sonic running around in here.

Lighting system has been improved in UDK, it's faster than UT3 version.

Code is top priority, then I'll care about SEGA related assets.

I guess this is going to be "Ashura" for UT3?
No, this is an open 3D game engine which uses Ashura Dark Reign code adapted for UDK (Unreal Engine 3.x).

I did not say that
Nice game need a bit Edit.

the thing is, it is kinda look like unreal tournament "game" it should have more.

But it is a nice game

The name Sonic GDK means Sonic Game Development Kit, so it's not a game he's making, but an engine for others to use.

Also, make sure your computer meets or exceeds the system requirements specified in the first post, and that you have the latest version of DirectX installed.

• 2 months later...

Preview Release 2 is up; check first post for more details.

- Download links:

FileFactory / MediaFire / SendSpace

- What's new:

* Much better Sonic Physics and momentums.

* Revamped test map.

* Added rolling on ground and SpinDash.

* Gamepads are supported.

Spinball looks like shit because I can't add new animations to the Cathode robot model.

Reports about bugs and suggestions to improve are welcome. Also, I would really like to know how do you feel about basic controls.

- Help needed:

Someone who wills to rig and/or animate this Sonic model or another one.

Someone who wills to model crazy static meshes (like these ones) to test Sonic physics.

So basically, you need loops and twists?
Less loops and more twists.
I've got one... not too crazy except for the bumpy purple twist thing in the foreground. Yours seems to top mine XD.

regardless do you want? Its in one untextured .obj currently.

The purple twist seems like it's too low-poly to me; am I right?

yup, and it made the thing all bumpy XD.

I really didn't know you to make a twist like that so that's part of it too. (just moved verticies around by hand, lol)

I don't know if you know about this stuff but modifires can be pretty useful some times (if your using max that is) i rarely used to use them but i've started to see how handy they are.

Untitled-3.jpg

anyways i notice you need help with rigging and animating sonic, i might be able to offer some help i haven't really started to get into custom riggs yet, but i can rigg and animate with biped so i can ofter that to you (mayby just for testing until a person who can make a custom rigg comes along) i have a very old and verry embarraing vid here of some work i did in a very drematic way, i'll say again this is very old and i need to make a new one as i have improved........more or less :iamafuckingtool:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtVXAWz6RCE :o

Very cool job man. Looks and feels quite nice as far as a 3-d sonic engine would feel. What does make me quite excited is the coming soon part. If you could rig the camera so that it creates a 2.5d experience with these graphics and that sonic model it would blow minds. Great job so far!

http://www.mediafire.com/?zyywwjn2f14

will mediafire work for you?

use it for whatever. I spent only a few minutes to assemble it.

Hmmm, looks like the grey tube isn't really useful for me :/, thanks anyways.
Awesome job there (( cuanto curro dios xD ))

The test map is really big and fun, and the physics are really well done too.

The only thing I dont like at all is the jump, for me is too slow.

:) Too much to do (( es demasiado curro... ._. ))

Jumps are too slow?? Play/watch Sonic Unleashed or the classic games; I tried to mimic those jump timings.

anyways i notice you need help with rigging and animating sonic [...]
Cool stuff, I want your help, will contact you when I get some spare time and see what can you do. And I love that twist! Me wants it :3

_

And thanks Scarletdark, take a look at

And I love that twist! Me wants it :3

lol, if you give me some info about the scaling your using (inches, feet, cm etc..) and character size (unless you can easaly resize it in the engine) i'll be happy to make a dodgy test area for you.

Yeh just end me a pm whenever your ready :)