A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SADX PC Sonic to NextGen like Sonic mod (reposted from SNG forums)

Jsonic

Don't get your panties ina bunch. Let him have fun with it, if thats what he wants to try to do, then he can.

And next gen sonic, does have the same shoe texture as he made, soo... they look, you know; a-like. :omg:

I'll have some up dated screens soon. I've gave some some small bits of fur like texture the kinda works ok, but because of the mapping I couldn't do his hole body. I just blended some liniar creaces into the lighting on the brow and the shading on the underside of the quills, thats as close as I can get to that. I also made the LSD shoes to mach reg shoes kinda, and I made both shoes a little draker. I've also applied the no gloss to it so it looks better.

UPDATE!

like I said, I made the shoes darker.

After2.bmp

I also did the LSD shoes, it's not the same... but it works

After2LSD1.bmpAfter2LSD2.bmp

Very nice. xD

But, If I get the jist of what you were asking,

DW is saying: you cannot rebuild, or input a model into SADX.

I R Say: You can do vertex editing only

The model in my signature is infact ripped directly from SADX; it looks different because its the first time youll ever see SADX Sonic standing with his legs straight, instead of bent at two key points

Hes not been modified at all :omg:

sonicSADX.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/asshat4563/supersonic.jpg(<- ..has some issues with his eyes - the white block piece)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/asshat4563/saha0001.jpg (<- proof? o.O)

Basically, Jsonic knows he cant rebuild, or input another model, but he wants to basically make an overhaul mod, redoing sonics looks; even if that only consists of textures. He wants to also attempt to alter vertex's to modify sonics appearance, but thats a challange at large.

The hacking and extracting of models from SADX is very possible. (and very idiotic because its so god damn confusing.) xD

But now this topic belongs to Jsonic and his mod =P if you need anything more, aim or pm ahoy.

"The model in my signature is infact ripped directly from SADX; it looks different because its the first time youll ever see SADX Sonic standing with his legs straight, instead of bent at two key points

Hes not been modified at all"

Oh.. oh okay. Cool.

well. untill the model is changed... I'm in a bind as to what I should do the the LSD cristol ring. SC said I should do something with it and I agree, but what should I do? the PVM alpha map for it dosn't work so I can't make it invisible and its straingly mapped with a 16x16 texture. the most I can do is change it's color and ajust it's shading a little bit.

This is all I've got to work with

SCR.bmp

This shows generaly where the lighting and shading go with clear borders

SCR%20Temp.bmp

repost your modiffied textures so we can see witch one is best. tommorow I'll plugin each one entered and post small screen shots of all of them for a vote.

note: do not change the texture size. and try to stick with the template of lighting and shadding.

Cancled... Guess no one want to play around with a 16x16 texture