A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

3D / 2D modelling and Execution

giglamesh

this is a total noob request but we we're all noobs at one time

guys i was just wondering, are there any programs that you can do 3D and 2D character modelling with (i don't think i could with 2D, not sure)

And a program that will let me use my modelled characters? (modelling is with shapes right?) :squestion:

I know this sounds like a wierd request, but it's something i am curious about. :smidge:

Sum up - looking for program i can model characters with and run them on (this is for game based purposes) 9there has to be some program that will allow me to do this)

any advice or assistance is appreciated

if you need any more information to the question, please ask

thanks in advance.

You can get a student license for 14 months, which is silly in my opinion. I;ts like 200 something. They should release a non-commercial or at least a cheaper license for hobbyist like DW said.

Could always try XSI Mod or Nevercenter's Silo. The professional version is only 129 bucks.

It depends, Blenders is good for UV and texture creating. However, it mostly for beginners anyways. Real Professionals use XSI for it quick smooth and superb animation and rendering, but that is the most expensive 3D animation software on the market.

"real" professionals are adept at all sorts of 3D tools. Softimage tends to be more popular among movie makers while max is used a lot in the game making community. Maya falls somewhere in the middle though.

The humorous thing about it is that Softimage too is owned by autodesk... though neither Maya nor Softimage started that way. I'm beginning to wonder if Autodesk shouldn't be broken up by anti-trust.