A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Arts and farts. (5 year update, lolz.)

Shane

Edit: Bump a five-year-old topic? Heck yes! Instead of making a new topic, I decided to edit my ancient, old topic and update it with some more current stuff. There were like four posts, so it's not like a discussion was ever started, and I'm adding a pretty substantial amount of stuff to the original post. You don't want to hear that old junk anyway, do you?

Current music projects:

Yeah, it's all pretty lame. I picked out a few of the more popular tracks from some of the projects that have a lot of recordings.

Solo stuff - What I do when I get bored. Mostly symphonic metal stuff here, but there's more on the website.

Selected tracks:

Black Widow

Bloodlust Symphony (solo piano)

Illusion

Now Your Girlfriend Is Dead

Sodomy

Clash 90 - Chiptune punk! Woo!

Selected tracks:

Victoria Smiles

Walking Along the Edge of a Fractal (unfinished recording)

Crawler (MIDI demo)

ESProjekt - A mixture of industrial, chiptunes and symphonic metal. Yes, it's that hardcore.

Selected tracks:

Psalm of Arcadia

Human Condition

The God Machine

Fates Fallen - Your typical metalcore band.

Shadow of the Sun

Macrolion - Sort of punk rock band with a few hardcore elements.

Selected tracks:

I Just Know

Veterans of the Industry

My Daisy

• Like 1

Man, I love Tyrian: Revival. I think the tone for the rhythm guitar is a little weak and thin, though... or is it supposed to be?

Sonicboy is also awesome; I wish I were able to shred like that. How did you do the crazy bending effect around halfway through? (I have no other way to describe it, haha) It sounds different from just pulling up the floyd rose tremolo arm with a harmonic... sounds like it uses a lot of feedback. Also, what's the song from?

Good stuff, I'd probably be able to appreciate it more if I were more familiar with the original songs. I'll definitely check out more later. Keep up the good work :awink:

Man, I love Tyrian: Revival. I think the tone for the rhythm guitar is a little weak and thin, though... or is it supposed to be?

Sonicboy is also awesome; I wish I were able to shred like that. How did you do the crazy bending effect around halfway through? (I have no other way to describe it, haha) It sounds different from just pulling up the floyd rose tremolo arm with a harmonic... sounds like it uses a lot of feedback. Also, what's the song from?

Good stuff, I'd probably be able to appreciate it more if I were more familiar with the original songs. I'll definitely check out more later. Keep up the good work :awink:

Shredding's not too hard, it just takes a lot of time to learn. I've been playing guitar since I was 10 (math says 9 years!). I suggest you work on sweep picking now. I've only been doing it for about two or three years, I'm still not too good at it. All the EZB sings are still very WIP.

Sonicboy is a Kurikinton Fox tune (he performed the backing track) that was actually done with an unopened Monster can.I also had fun and redid the Windows MIDIs on my keyboard: http://www.thewaitingroom.org/music/windows/ Edited by Shane

You should get a humbucker installed in the bridge if it doesn't have one already. It's a pretty simple procedure as far as guitar surgery can go, and it's totally worth it.

I really like Flourish, by the way.

I have some Powersound humbuckers installed in it, but I'm gonna pick up an EMG 80 for it.

Edit: Ended up getting Bare Knuckle Juggernauts instead. Edited by Shane

• 4 years later...
You wouldn't happen to listen to Machinae Supremacy at all would you? I seriously get a vibe of their earlier stuff from the song Black Widow.

Cool stuff in here!

Thanks!! No, I don't, but I'll check them out. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

I know this is foreverold, but I just clicked on Edge of a Fractal and loved it.

Great stuffs

Not too forever old. I just updated that post with the song selection. :)

Thanks for listening!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Okay, it's time for another bump. Although it hasn't quite been five years, here's something I'm working on currently for a Line 6 Insane Mixing Contest. For those of you who don't know, Line 6 Insane is joked about as being one of the most unusable guitar settings ever. Unusable? I think not!

MP3: http://mus.thewaitingroom.org/Carl%27s%20Jr.%20in%20C%23%20minor%2020141023_173435.mp3
FLAC: http://mus.thewaitingroom.org/flac/Carl%27s%20Jr.%20in%20C%23%20minor%2020141023_173435.flac

Genre is metalcore. No vox yet (I should be getting them next week).

Edited by Shane