A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rawr makes music and the artz

Rawr

tumblr_ncuysixOw21qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

I've been pretty depressed so its been an ENTIRE MONTH since I've fucking drawn a thing and I'm paying the price now I guess. This took way longer than it should have - also I have 24 hour comics day to do on Saturday. I'll keep you all updated on where you can watch me stream that shit (I did it last year and it was kinda fun but super stressful at the same time lol).

banner3_by_endshark-d81gaz8.jpg

It is that time of the year (again)...

24 HOUR COMICS DAY

It is one of my favourite times of the year from an artistic standpoint. I have done it every year since 2010 and have pretty much consistently failed. Last year was the first year that I decided to stream my 24hr comic as I drew an action packed tale about a demon princess in the underworld who had to fight the evil Judge Boner and there was lots of big letdowns to be had artistically in front of EVERYONE. But it was a lot of fun and thus I am doing it again this year in a stream. Clicking the picture above will get you to my page - but the stream won't start until around midnight my time. I believe I currently sit in the Mountain Time zone.

Anyway just as a refresher here are all the previous years I did this. Its like looking at a really distilled version of where I've been going the last few years artistically, though honestly 2012 is the one to beat imo. I had gotten the furthest along with it.

2010 - Aka the year Halo Reach was consuming me and I failed hard at this haha.

2011 - This was a spinoff of a comic I actually ended up printing one issue of in 2012. The spinoff actually came first as I did this while working on the main comic haha. This was the year I believe where I really started to absorb Takeshi Koike and Hiroyuki Imaishi's styles more, though this leans more on the Koike spectrum.

2012 - This is my personal favourite - I liked the characters I whipped up and at first I was trying something somewhat serious that devolved into something really stupid. Art wise it was the furthest I got in any of the years and I like the character (because duh she is a catgirl that is like my fave thing to draw or whatever).

2013 - This one had a lot of potential but I ended up taking a nap that lasted 5 hours and that is a lot of time to lose in this challenge. I liked the characters but this one turned into a really stupid comic. I mean it makes me laugh somewhat but I am disappointed I didn't get further haha.

So yeah.

STAY TUNED TO WATCH ME FAIL GLORIOUSLY.

I started another music track for my album today. It's a character theme for Funeral - if it sounds slightly antagonistic it is because it is supposed to (even the name of the track sounds ominous). It is supposed to be a mix of heroic but still have something 'off' about it. It has a lot to go still on it, and I am gonna have to fit some guitar in there somewhere too.

It basically is like a mix of Mega Man and Phantasy Star Online to my ears, with a couple nods here and there to PSO actually as well.

Anyway have a listen to the first demo here.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_ndkp8oXD6Z1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

Working on first print.

Also been working on MY WEBSITE (which is currently in maintenance mode but it was up for a bit yesterday/today :P)

tumblr_ndo4gbP1OD1qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ndo4gbP1OD1qlnz6fo2_1280.jpg

Refining my logo, and then also did concepts for what I want on the page. I have it fairly close but there are some things I couldn't manage to do ^^

But I did get my sweet header done vv

tumblr_ndpz2mXUo11qlnz6fo1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...