A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Worlds in TGF2?

Daniel

Well, It's been a few months since my last post and the current engine (Clwe's Sonic engine) is giving me troubles and I am scared to make posts since I might get in trouble so, I thought it was time to ask the question...

Is there anyway to use Sonic Worlds on TGF2?

If this question was already asked... I am sorry for asking it again and I will look at that post...

So is there an answer?

I got an idea though,

Maybe I could download the MMF2 Trial and get rid of the Background System Box Object and it will work with TGF2!

I fell confident already!

I am going to try, and if I am successful....

We will just see...

I got an idea though,

Maybe I could download the MMF2 Trial and get rid of the Background System Box Object and it will work with TGF2!

I fell confident already!

I am going to try, and if I am successful....

We will just see...

Ahoy matey, that really necessary? Arrrrrr!

I'm trying to drop you a hint here.

Sorry for not responding...

So, just delete the extension? YAY!

I always whined when anybody said "Sonic Worlds"

EDIT: Erm... Where is Sonic Worlds anyways?

I think I am a lazy person who doesn't like looking around the forums...

EDIT (2): Forget it, found it...

• 5 years later...

Hi so uh I just got tgf2 and idk what a engine is or how to use it and idk how to use tgf2 but if u have a engine im  assuming its simple so I have 2 questions

1.In my application I have 1 frame does deleting the bg system object have to do with the frame or not

2.Part of question 1 how do I delete this so called bg system object

Hello new person! First up, it's generally a bad idea to bump an old thread at this forum. The last reply was from 2008, which makes this a nearly 7-year bump.

Secondly, the BG System Object is the dynamic background. Using the Layers toolbar (read the included help file if you don't know where it is or how to activate it!) select the layer at the very bottom of the list, and make sure the eye icon isn't crossed out (make it visible) and the lock icon is open and green (layer can be edited). You can toggle those by clicking on the icons. The BG System Object itself is at the top left corner of the play area, and is a vertical strip of red X marks in boxes.

Finally, before trying to tackle something as large as a Sonic fangame in TGF2, consider doing something smaller first to learn how the tool works. Read the manual and study the pre-included tutorials. While Sonic Worlds does make things easier, you still need to learn how to properly use the software to get the most out of it.

• Like 1

Techokami pretty much covered it, sonicpop50. I'm going to go ahead and lock this topic since it's so old. If you still need help feel free to make a new thread and we'll help you out there. :)

TechoEDIT: Oh I could have locked it, too. But I figured I'd let the kid have a chance to reply first. AH WELL.

Edited by Techokami