A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Random Doodlez Thread 2.0

Serephim

She's not fat at all.

They're prismacolor premiers that cost 200 bucks. Came in a box of 140 colors. It isn't the pencils though. The pencils just give me a better range of color for blending and softer uh... the stuff the pencil is made of is softer, lol. Whatever that is called, I forgot the name of it. Anyways, I can do this same thing with crayola colored pencils but it'll take longer. It's mostly technique.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, decided to put up some stuff ive been at since Sunday, since you guys will most likely be seeing more of it HOPEFULLY in sprite form sometime in

the future.

Character design that came off the top of my head.

Ariana%20stuff.jpg

Juno%20shot%201.jpg

Juno%20shot%202.jpg

Fury%20Model%20Saber.jpg

Fury Model Saber. Can be adjusted from harmless/stun to weld/destroy.

Ariana%20stuff%202.jpg

@ everybody : thanks, ill take her lack of ass into consideration next time I post a picture of her lol.

Anyway, I just found out about one contest on Deviantart that i actually wouldn't mind winning for a change.

Square Enix has given DA the permission to showcase some of their Concept Art for The World Ends With You, and is doing some kind of odd contest where you basically design your own character. Grand Prize winner (out of 10 finalists) gets their art submitted to Square and they give feedback on it. I dont really care about anything else, i would just like a chance to get recgonized by square.

Although i know i have a zero chance of winning vs. the other photoshop whoring DA artists, im gonna take a shot for fun anyway and just churn out a couple of odd characters off the top of my head.

HERO_Ismeralda%20Meena%20sm.jpg

This shit would be far easier if i had a graphic pad to ink+paint it with. But im SOL in that department, so im just going to have to go with the pencil drawings. -_- Sucks, i think i would actually have fun CGing it.

I was thinking of using nomura's style, but he draws his characters way too skinny.

Well, i have to say one good thing DID come out of me half-ass entering this contest at the last minute.

I had an urge to try and color the picture with photoshop but decided it was just too tedious without a graphic pad to work with. Today when i got home i was pretty bored, so i brought up the scanned picture and just went to work inking the lineart on GraphicsGale...And i dont think ill ever use photoshop again for something that this free program can do so easily.

The impulse was driven by some review on GraphicsGale where pixel artists say its the perfect program to use, since photoshop is far too overpowered. Starting production on my Original game is on Halt because of my lack of graphic pad to ink what i scan for the sprites, but i think that with a little extra time i could actually put this program to use for something.

Im still learning how to do it, but whenever i finish coloring the last picture i posted in the topic, ill show it so you guys can tell me where i effed up.

Edit: Well fuck. I was in the process of attempting to color this shit, and i was getting the hang of the tools and layers and shit, so i went to bed because it was like 2 AM so i could wake up, come back home, come upstairs to work on it some more, and i find that i saved the file as .Jpg instead of .Gal, so all my layers are deleted, rendering it useless, since i cant color it or finish it anymore.

colorfail.jpg

Thats as far as i got. Im really really bad with color values.