A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

It's another Desktop thread

S0LV0

SSB: How do you feel about Linux? I'm considering dual booting Vista and Ubuntu. I've used OS X for about 3 years in high school and I'm just looking to increase my knowledge of operating systems (at least to basic use). Heck, maybe I'll like it enough where it becomes my main OS. Just kind of wondering. I know there's a relatively new version of Ubuntu either out already or that will be out soon. So.. yea..

SG: I forget whether you were using XP or Vista, but if it's the latter there's a gadget called Desktop Wallpaper that I downloaded Tuesday. Seems to be working fine for me.

Much thanks for this scatts!

I finally got around to cleaning my desktop and would like to know what program is used to change the start menu bar and colors. I'm pretty sure you're all using windowblinds, but I dunno, tell me otherwise.

Desktop-2.jpg

BYA! finally got around to cleaning up the desktop and making things look nice. I had half a screen full of icons, folders, and other random junk. Now I got that whole vista skin, with the dock at the bottom. Oh and my background cycles every 15 minutes from a folder full of backgrounds I liked. SO jyea!

It's really hard for me to find something I really like, and this is really awesome and works for me. And from what I can tell so far, it's not resource intensive at all :)

• 3 weeks later...
Well, not everything. There is the issue of an unremovable "evaluation copy" thing down at the bottom right of my wall paper that I can't get rid of and am unwilling to go back to non service packed vista for.

Well, you could just search thought all Windows' files for that string, and replace it with blank spaces using an Hex Editor.

Actually, I ended up doing that today and I changed my resolution to 1024x768 as 1280 has a tendency to make me go blind.

So I also had to change my wallpaper...

And tweak my dock a little.

And yeah, I've been spending way too much time with this shit lately. I'm normally really lazy about my desktop.

Anyway, here is the result

burnmydreadfl2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

So I saw this awesome image the other day that made me think...

http://www.jimiyo.com/2007/CatKing_Final640.jpg

Oh shit, this would make an awesome wallpaper.

So busting out my meager photoshop skills, I set about taking that and turning it into this.

dwdeskfebki5.jpg

Which I think just looks awesome.

Anyway, if you want the wallpaper, I'm posting that too.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9185/catempireei1.jpg

• 5 years later...

Wait, we seriously don't have one of these by now? Blasphemy!

Anyway, this is where you can show us a little slice of your personality with what your computer's desktop looks like! Feel free to re-post from time to time, since your desktop may have changed around.

Here's a shot of mine to start off.

IutrAjH.jpg