A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Mayhem Re-launched.

Amesuki

It's been a pure age but I WILL finish this damn blasted fan game off. Anyway I lost the source to the original game ages ago and that's the reason I never finished or came back to it.

Anyway a few years later and I'm going to start my like 5th attempt or something. I've still been making games however in the mean time. (I go by the user, Sinclairian on Newgrounds, check me out if you wish.)

So, yeah...here is a picture of a W.I.P.

SonicMayhemLevel1_zpsc71b778e.png

It's coming along nicely, still being made in TGF and hopefully will still feel all 8-bit(y). I'll upload a video when I feel time is right.

Hope you like and it's sure weird to be Sonic Fan Gamin' again.

(Does SAGE still run? If so, when does it start?)

• 1 year later...

Back from the dead! Also I notice the forums have been swapped over to this site, I do remember reading up about that some time ago.

Anyway I thought I'd show off something with regards to this game. I was looking through some old files and I found an engine I was working on a few years back. So I decided to dust it off and finish this thing off as a side project to my actually game dev work.

So here be a picture of the first level, (all revamped,) Mount Turquoise

10665283_719962698096561_693326441944544

And also, a video playthrough of the first act of this stage!

http://youtu.be/QbHPsyEcpKE

I'll keep people updated as best I can, but it's nice to sort of be back in the world of Sonic Fan gaming again :D

-Amesuki

• Like 3

Just thought I'd upload something else do it doesn't seem like it's a one post of a picture/video and scarper off for another year. So I present you with the map of Mount Turquoise Act 2. As you can see, the layout it very much influenced by Sonic Chaos' Turquoise Hill.

sonicact1_2_by_sinclairstrange-d82rcy5.j

Now time to start work on a boss and then the next level. :D

-amesuki

Looks sweet! Can't wait to play it.

Welcome back.

Thanks! I'm going to try really hard to actually finish this! It's been so so so long.

Edited by Amesuki
  • Like 7

Yay! I'm glad peeps are happy to see me return with my bloody old fan game! I'm glad I stumbled across it when I was clearing out some stuff on my hard-drive and I was like OH THIS!

I even downloaded TGF to get it finished 'cause I remember I was adamant I'd make/finish it on that piece of software. (Although I am porting it to a MMF so most of the TGF glitches are stopped.)

With that I've got a new video of the whole of the first zone. You can watch it down below if you want 

http://youtu.be/BYqIbDp7d3E

But not only that, I've quickly scrambled a demo of it too for people to play. 

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/download/02afdf35b24978931fc83063937bf5ef

I know it's not fantastic, it does have some glitches in it but I don't want to spend too much time on this. If I did have the time, I'd prolly port it Unity and really make it polish, although in a way having some of these glitches makes it feel like it does belong on a Game Gear. Also excuse the lack of original music. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to use existing Game Gear music or compose my own. It's just rather difficult composing accurate GG sounding music.

Anyway I hope ye enjoy :)

-Amesuki

Edited by Amesuki