A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Turbo 2 Demo Revised

TRD

Info:

Sonic Turbo 2 is the continuance of Sonic Turbo, and my current game in progress. It's a Sonic Fangame with I've been working on since January. It uses Damizean's 360 Engine along with my modifications and add-ons.

This game will be COMPLETELY different from the first Turbo and it will be better. Just about everything will be custom made:

*Sonic Sprite

*Backgrounds

*Items Boxes and objects

*Badniks

*Bosses

*Animated Cutscenes

*and Much more.

Screens:

PH-7.png

PH-1.png

PH-2.png

PH-3.png

PH-5.png

PH-6.png

PH-4.png

Download

• Like 1

@ Hoj: it's on the site that goes with these forums.

Since you're clamoring for replies:

A couple of presentation quirks with me, nothing severe, just bothers me for it to take so long for a demo to start (i.e. get through the opening, even skipping), just cause I'm F2-ing it so often. Also, I'm not a big fan of 20MB demos just cause you can, but it's a big enough level, so I won't complain.

That being said, the demo's pretty great. Gimmicks are implemented well: though they're a little rough around the edges, they work like they should all the time, not just some of the time. However, the moving platforms of the bottom path didn't seem to be coordinated and that was a bit annoying. Also, there are a couple of rough 360 degree edges leading to a few running-off moments. All around, it is a little rough around the edges, but excellent graphics, well-implemented gimmicks and enemies, and good (albeit not too overtly multi-pathed) level design. Also some pretty great presentation with the cut scenes and whatnot. I didn't play the original Turbo, but this is certainly worth playing.

Kain, you've got good opinions ;) & you're right. My personal thought so far is that the games a little scruffy - but the ability's there to make this something really special. If TRD gets help from some flash wizard for those cut scenes, & help with level design and graphics, & the engine being slightly tuned this could easily be one of the best fan games going. TRD; you've got what it takes :D

Also, there are lots of musics that aren't used in this demo.

You're right, there was 2 songs that were not needed for this demo. I've removed them, and now the file is 19mb.

I've replaced my first link with it.

Btw, Zenor, did the bridge bug still existed for you?