A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What's your favourite video game of all time?

Stritix

What's your favourite video game of all time, and why?

921973_62384_front.jpg

Mine is The Urbz: Sims in the City. I'm specifically talking about the handheld version released for the GBA and DS. The console version is entirely different, and terrible in comparison. It's an action adventure life simulator. You are in direct control of your sim and explore a large city doing missions and tasks to progress the story. There's tons of areas to explore and many people to meet with all different kinds of mini games to play and houses to live in. It's incredibly addictive and full of content. I've had the game for nearly 9 years and it's still fun to play. I'm still discovering new secrets. It has given me lots of fond memories. I can't say that about many other games. If you're a fan of Animal Crossing or any other games in the sims series, then I recommend trying this one out.

• Like 1

For me...well....

Dark_Cloud_2.jpg

Say Hello to Dark Cloud 2, aka Dark Chronicle outside of North America, the second in a series of RPG games for the PS2; and is THE definative RPG for the PS2. It revolvoes around a story about a boy named Maxamillion, or Max for short, who, after discovering the secret surrounding the town he lives in during the local Carnival. After being found, he's persued into the town sewers by the ring leader of the circus, who's working for a man known as "Griffon" to collect the stone around his neck, called an atlamillia, which can control time. Eventually, he escapes the sewers and heads out to explore the world. Along his adventure across his world, he encounters a girl named Monica, who's from the future and explains the importance of the atlamillia and how Griffon is using them to screw up the future by destroying the present From that point on, they band together to restore the present to save the future.
This game, is fantastic in every way, shape and form. The story manages to be a decent plot around time travel, the main characters are all enjoyable and fun to listen to, the gameplay is immersive and super enjoyable, and, not to mention, since it IS a dark Cloud game, you can BUILD ENTIRE TOWNS. How is that not awesome? The soundtrack is also phenomenal and the voice acting is normally superb! It's seriously such a shame this series dropped off the face of the Earth: I for one will enjoy a 3rd game in the series.

For me it HAS to be...

280px-Fire_Emblem_Awakening_US_Boxart.pn

Fire Emblem Awakening.

"Fire Emblem: Awakening (ファイアーエムブレム覚醒, Fire Emblem: Kakusei) is the newest Fire Emblem game for the Nintendo 3DS, announced at Nintendo's 2011 3DS Conference ahead of the 2011 Tokyo Game Show. The story focuses on the prince of the Halidom of Ylisse and his companions as they struggle during a turbulent era. Players are able to combine the might of nearby allies using Pair Up and enter dual battles using the Dual System to defeat enemies. The traversable world map, last seen in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and special skills like Astra from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn make a return. This game also features a playable character that can be customized, a feature last seen in Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~.Just like in the previous game, the player can choose between Classic Mode and Casual Mode." - Taken from the Fire Emblem Wiki.

This game is one of the most easiest and one of the most hardest in the series (If that makes sense). What I mean by that is that with Casual Mode, if you lose your characters, they will live to see another day. Now, try Fire Emblem Awakening with Classic Mode and Lunatic+ Mode. I guarantee you that your butt will get kicked hard. The gameplay is fluent.

The music? OH MY GOD MY EARS! The music is absolutely epic and atmospheric at the same time. Take a listen to some of these:

The story is fantastic. There are moments where it makes you feel back for the characters that die (SPOILER: They die.). The ending leaves you with one final choice of whether your friend puts the final boss to a deep sleep, or will you sacrifice your life to completely kill the final boss.

I feel like with Fire Emblem Awakening, you can make an essay analyzing symbolism and stuff like that.

If you haven't gotten the game and you are in a mood to get a 3DS game (Apart from Pokemon X&Y), get Fire Emblem Awakening. You will NOT regret it. 

Out of how much I want to say the mass effect series, there is one game that I think is above them.

61M0V4EYN9L.jpgj

This game is by far my most favorite game ever made. One reason is because it is the only game that I can play over and over and over and over again without getting bored. With all the content/gameplay styles, it is probably the longest sonic game to 100% and even if you do 100% it, the level design is just so good that I like to replay the levels either to just travel around, or just play for fun (More specifically, city escape, final rush, pyramid cave, sand ocean) and allot of others (Other then mad space and egg quarters)

What's your favourite video game of all time, and why?

921973_62384_front.jpg

Mine is The Urbz: Sims in the City. I'm specifically talking about the handheld version released for the GBA and DS. The console version is entirely different, and terrible in comparison. It's an action adventure life simulator. You are in direct control of your sim and explore a large city doing missions and tasks to progress the story. There's tons of areas to explore and many people to meet with all different kinds of mini games to play and houses to live in. It's incredibly addictive and full of content. I've had the game for nearly 9 years and it's still fun to play. I'm still discovering new secrets. It has given me lots of fond memories. I can't say that about many other games. If you're a fan of Animal Crossing or any other games in the sims series, then I recommend trying this one out.

This was the last game I was expecting to see in this topic haha! I played the GBA version tons. It really is a ton of fun and it's my favorite Sims game. I keep meaning to go get the DS version cheap to see what all they added (and to have a good excuse to play through it again). To everyone reading definitely give this game a go. It'd be easy to write it off but it is very addicting.

I've written a lot about my favorite game, Sonic Adventure, in another topic so I won't force everyone to read through yet another poorly-worded post from me. :P

I didn't think I had a favourite game of all time. But then I forgot about this gem...

qzgRLPp.jpg

This game. This game. I love everything about it. The story, the characters. Just everything. The gameplay is fantastic, I love trying out all the different Personas and switching in battles to get the upperhand. Especially in boss fights. The voice acting is great, everyone plays their characters really well. The music is also great, I really like the vocal themes such as "Snowflakes" and "Heaven". Boss music is epic, I especially like "The Almighty" and "Fog". The characters. I became so attached to the characters in this game that it made me cry by the end. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to leave. I wanted everyone to have a happy ending. I hate bittersweet endings. ;__; The previously mentioned "Snowflakes" theme only made things worse. I was in tears. But I know I can always replay again to relive those memories. This is the only game I can play and not get bored with...everything about it I absolutley love.

gallery_1_5_68964.jpg
Spyro the Dragon 3: Year of the Dragon

I have a few reasons because this is considered my all time favorite game. One of those reasons is that this was the game that I used to ALWAYS play this game as a kid whether I played it over and over. I never get tired of this game because of how the game looked(at the time of its release). This is was also the game I got for Christmas with the trilogy with the other two games, but this one just stood out for me as a kid. The story seemed simple enough but dammit it's still a great game to me. I never listened to the soundtrack when I was little, but now I realized of how great it sounds. The hub world themes in Spyro 2 has the better tracks, but the portals/stages tracks in Spyro 3 were better and it fits with the stages. I like how the other characters in the game have a unique characteristics. I mean, we have an Australian Kangaroo(the obvious one I guess) a James Bond Penguin with rockets on his wing flaps, a Bentley the Yeti with high intelligence(Brains WITH Brawn), and a monkey with a laser gun... I wonder how they came up those characters. I still even play this game today(not everyday though because i'll slowly lose interest of the game) and I wish they would make an HD remake with better graphics.

• Like 1

This is a no-brainer for CROW. Brutal Legend hands down.

brutal_legend.jpg

Brutal Legend is everything I ever wanted in a game. Its a heavy metal action RTS and it manages to be pretty fucking awesome. It has a great sense of humor and has plenty of action to boot. While I suppose the RTS part of Brutal Legend is more or less throw your guys at that one place and call it a day but it does work. All the units are unique in their own ways, having their own unique backstories that's revealed in the story mode no less. Your hero unit is very critical obviously as they give the orders and such but mostly because they support their army with their buffing (de-buffing in the case of the Drowning Doom) solos. Hell if you really feel like it you can even run down the enemy army with your own car. It manages to be a very unique game.

The only flaws I suppose is that is was rushed out the door. There was going to be a forth faction with Fletus as its hero unit but obviously they never gotten to that. The story mode, while great is pretty short that you can beat it in a day. General Lionwhyte was really the villain that got the most focus out of all of the villains. And there's a gamebreaking bug in the PS3 that nukes your save data if your progress gets above 80% meaning it will be hard to Platinum.

But those are just little nitpicks in a great game. All that matters is that we need more games like this.

FUK YAH

• Like 1

This was the last game I was expecting to see in this topic haha! I played the GBA version tons. It really is a ton of fun and it's my favorite Sims game. I keep meaning to go get the DS version cheap to see what all they added (and to have a good excuse to play through it again). To everyone reading definitely give this game a go. It'd be easy to write it off but it is very addicting.

I've been playing the GBA version all this time. I just got the DS version a couple of days ago. The DS version has more content. A whole new mission set, new sims to meet, new objects, a new island, new stuff placed around the town, new mini games. Though it's kinda lacking polish compared to the GBA version. There's a few small graphical and sound issues. Nothing game-breaking, but you can tell that there was less care put into it than the GBA version despite the new content. There's a lot more purple in the DS version as well which kinda makes it lose some of its charm.

I'd say it's worth getting the DS version if you want to replay the game. It's still pretty good.

• Like 1

Hm...this is really tough, so I'll list my top 5 (in no particular order):

Sonic Rush - It was my first game in the series, so it holds a place in my heart!

Kirby's Adventure Wii - A brilliant game by any standards. Even if staying alive is easy, getting all those energy spheres is a rock hard challenge which wouldn't be out of place in a Mega Man game.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - It's fun AND it makes Kirby look like a badass near the end (Spoilers!)! Double win!

Mega Man 7 - I love everything about this game, from the music to the Rush Adaptor to the lovely art style.

Aaaaand, drum roll please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d57PZ9yW5E

This video does all the talking for me, but I'll say more.

The Professor Layton Series is addicting, it has wonderful anime cutscenes and the music and art style are gorgeous and charming in equal measure. The particular track I posted up there can reduce me to tears at times. The puzzles are cute and the stories are just...wow...

• 10 months later...

sonic3+sonicknuckles.jpg

Sonic 3 and Knuckles

Don't tell me you didn't expect this game to be somewhere in this thread.

Does this really need an explanation? Well if you really want to: this game is just perfect. The gameplay and physics feel absolutely right, the graphics are amazing and in my opinion, even better and more colourful than Sonic 2's, the level design is the best I've ever seen in a video game and the tons of options this game gives, it makes it the most enjoyable video game I've ever played, I can't even recall how many times I've beaten it by now :P

this is a very hard question to answer. it would be ether sonic 3 & knuckles, Kirby triple deluxe or Mario Kart 7. There all great games and I recommend Kirby triple deluxe for a fun time, sonic 3 & knuckles for fun and challenge, and Mario Kart 7 for completive multi player.

S3k_title.pngTM_3DS_KirbyTripleDeluxe_sharing_image_41322093094mario-kart-7-logo.jpg

Edited by fahyda