A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Anime

JPunxR

I wanna add something here as well, I knew I was forgetting something.

Out of EVERY Genre(besides "those" genres) in anime, which ones do you usually watch?

For me, it has to be Action, Harem, Comedy, Super natural and Adventure.

But its mostly Super Natural and Harem comedy. 

Action, Comedy, and Drama, mostly.

And also a bit of Fanservice if I'm EXTREMELY bored.

• 1 year later...

My favourite anime of all time is, Sgt Frog or Keroro Gunso in Japan.(This mabye the first metion of Sgt Frog in this community) I just can't get enough of how funny that anime is from Keroro's stupidity to Natsumi going ballistic. English or not it's still a good anime to watch. I would like to list more like Gurren Largen but no.

I'm a -huge- fan of Kill la Kill. Like my love for it is so insane. Everything from the designs to the pacing to just the general over the top action sequences screams stuff I'd make, only they got to it first haha! 

There is a trend in the anime I like and that is that they are usually over the top, kinda nonsensical, but still very much fun. Dynamic poses and art styles too really appeal to me. That is why a lot of my favourites come from Gainax/Trigger and in particular I'm a really big fan of Hiroyuki Imaishi. I absolutely adore things like Diebuster, FLCL, Gurren Lagann, Panty and Stocking, that first episode of Re:Cutie Honey that Imaishi had a huge hand in etc. Dead Leaves is one of my favourite short films and is a HUGE inspiration to my artwork, if you haven't seen it I urge you guys to check it out. It's only 50 minutes and its almost straight action all the way through - it's balls to the wall awesome.

Little Witch Academia is fantastic as well. The blu ray set for that is absolutely gorgeous and even came with an art book. Redline is another favourite movie of mine, directed by Takeshi Koike. It is phenomenal with some of the most incredible art I've seen in a feature film. It blows me away every time I see it knowing that it is all 2D and no 3D stuff at all.

Then I like other stuff like Trigun, Hellsing Ultimate, Birdy The Mighty: Decode etc.

I'm pretty particular with what anime I watch but I do enjoy the stuff I really like a lot.

The only anime I've ever "really" watched was Elfen Lied. Yeah... we all probably know what that is... but it's got a really good, emotional plot man!

I'm trying to look for political sci-fi anime and manga, preferrably some with little bits of revolutions and giant mechas etc. but I don't know what or where to watch them...

And where I live, you have to watch anime if you want to be in the norm (I'm in Asia after all), not the other way round...

• 3 weeks later...

I was pretty surprised by Altered Memory. It looked very great, especially compared to BlazBlue's animated cutscenes.

Saw one episode and never touched it again. Blazblue is too pretty of a game to be represented by something animated that badly.

And also, it's the kind of story that's saved by being a videogame. I don't think I would have cared about BB's storyline if it wasn't for all the great supplemental joke stuff that strengthened it.  

Edited by Serephim

Meh, this thread is old I guess, but let's start it again or something. Tbh, I'm not all that into anime, but I've seen a decent amount.

You have not lived life until you've seen Summer Wars.

uZPQ6Ac.jpg

It's a movie, so you have almost no excuse to not watch it. Just find it, it's on the internet somewhere. The english dub actually isn't all that bad, so pick whatever floats your goat when it comes to the translations.

The animes that I like are:

Cats Eye

Kindaichi Case Closed (& R - 2014)

Paranoia Agent

Death Note

Bleach

One Piece

Sailor Moon (YES SAILOR MOON!...Well the anime version)

Flint The Time Detective

Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales

Outlaw Star

Tenchi Muyo, Universe, In Tokyo

.Hack//SIGN 

.Hack//Roots

Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge, The Animated Series

Casshern Sins

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Big O

MAR

Cardcaptor Sakura

Samurai 7

Persona 4: The Animation

and last but not least......Dragon Ball Z!!!

Persona 4 The (Golden) Animation

Persona 3 The Movie - Spring of Birth -

Haruhi Suzumiya

Haganai

Squid Girl

Lucky Star

The World God Only Knows

Watamote

Danganronpa The Animation

Kampher

Akame Ga Kill!

Tamako Market

Problem children are comming from another world aren't they?

Ground Control to Psychoeletric Girl

Also known as my unfinished anime list excluding TMOHS and Lucky Star.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

As of recent. Ive been watching:
Fate: Zero
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor
Zatch Bell

Im enjoying. I rewatching both Zatch Bell and Bastard Magic Instructor as I find these both really entertaining. Im not a big Anime guy but when I see an anime, then ill more likely enjoy it. That and im waiting till High School DxD S4 today(at this time) so im excited. 

• 10 months later...