A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Introduce Yourself

Floofy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everybody.

I'm Reventador427S, a 16 year old boy and an extreme fan of almost everything related to high-speed action (such as Sonic (obviously) and Need For Speed) at the point of wanting to be a rally racing driver and an auto mechanical engineer.

At first I tried to join Sonic Retro, but I saw, 3 months later, that I was still not validated. I double-checked my validation post and the guidelines and I saw nothing wrong. Probably they're "dead".

So then, I joined Sonic United (which only now I realized it used to be SFGHQ), a much more appealing and active community.

I keep up to date to LakeFeperd's most recent projects and updates (he's my favourite fangamedev).

But it wasn't the only reason what I joined.

Thanks to the Fan Game assistance forum I can learn some details about the Sonic Worlds engine and how to manipulate MMF2.

I know that I already said that in some other forum, but my MMF2 is cracked (I'm still saving for a legit copy) and because so I have to stick with Worlds 0.5.

The origins of my nickname came from 3 of my favourite cars: the Lamborghini Reventon, the Lamborghini Aventador and the Shelby '66 Cobra 427.

My Youtube channel is TheReventadorChannel. I upload videos very ocasionally since I'm also saving to buy a headset and I'm making some changes to my house.

Let the speed be with you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey! I'm StreaktheCommandante, and I'm a 2D artist. I hail from Indonesia, and I just turned Sonic's age yesterday. My other aliases include Raptor177, Raptor1752 and BrawijayaV

I'm looking for some programmers, for my own fan game project, but I'm conflicted between using UDK, Unity or some other engine :S (I'm voting on UDK because there's already the Sonic GDK that has some source code). But otherwise, I wouldn't mind pitching in some work for your other projects, to get better connections with the community before I'm gonna pitch my idea (because it's a craaaazy fan game idea... hint: it involves fusing Sonic and another genre, so it's a pretty unique idea compared to most Sonic fan games, in fact probably the first of its kind, so why not join in if you're bored of another Sonic re-hash?).

I don't have the fullest portfolio yet, but I'm making concept art for my project, so you could get an idea on what I can do for my project. I can also get my hands dirty on making some textures, so if you're looking for someone to make textures for you, shoot me a message so we can know each other, and maybe exchange some skills :)

My Sonic alias is Streak the Hedgehog, a fan character I made back when I was about 10 years old, who looks like this. Yes, that's my actual wallpaper, and yes, that's for you to get an idea of what my capabilities as an artist are.

I'm wholly passionate and serious about my fan game idea, so you'll know I'm not just throwing ideas at the wall. Sadly however, I have no experience in programming :(. That's why I'm asking you guys!

I hope there will be a bright future for all of us! Oh, and while I'm still a newbie here, is someone kind enough to be my guide and tell me how things work around here, what's the general etiquette, what's what and who's who? Thank you!

Edited by StreaktheCommandante
  • Like 1

Great introduction. Welcome to Sonic United.

Oh, and while I'm still a newbie here, is someone kind enough to be my guide and tell me how things work around here, what's the general etiquette, what's what and who's who? Thank you!

We're a pretty laid back forum for the most part. You can check out the forums rules here and check out who's on the forums staff here.

Hello, everyone. I'm Mors and I make fangames. I'm 16 years old and I both like Sonic and Mario series a lot. I especially like Sonic games with Boost. I'm currently working on three fangame projects; Mario & Luigi's Coin Chaos, Target Strikers and an unnamed one. :P Yeah, all of them are Mario fangames but the last one borrows some elements from Sonic games such as Sonic Generations. I haven't make any Sonic fangames yet, because it's very very hard to create a Sonic engine and I couldn't find any good Sonic engines for Game Maker. (except for Sonic Studio but I want to make a Modern Sonic game :P) And I don't really like using premade engines, I'm using a one for Mario & Luigi's Coin Chaos but I think it's gonna be my last Mario fangame uses a premade engine. So yeah that's me, please don't hate me. I want to make a Sonic fangame too, that's why I have an account here. And sorry for mistakes I made, I'm actually from Turkey and I'm trying to improve my English.

Edited by Mors
  • Like 2

Hello there. I am KlonoatheSanic otherwise refered too as "Pootis". I am some sonic fanboy who likes to make generic videos on youtube (You can check it out here if you like watching dumb videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sonictheimmeenpootis ) I haven't really considered doing my own fangame at the moment but it could change when Mario Maker releases next year XD. End of introduction, now go eat.....pizza hut or something. :P

Edited by KlonoatheSanic
  • Like 2