A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

E3 Aftermath: Your console choice(s) for 2013

So now that all at E3 has been said and done, and Nintendo, Sony, and, yes, even you Microsoft, have brought thier standing goods to the table, which console will you be choosing for the Fall this year. Here our list of consoles and specs.

Wii U

o Costs $299-$349 depending on which model

o Supports used games

o No internet needed. Just needs day one firmware update

o First party and cosole exclusives (i.e. Sonic Lost World)

o Supports Wii devices

o Has backwards compatability with Wii titles

o Can import Virtual Consoles via Wii mode

PS4

o Costs $399

o Supports used games

o No internet needed

o 30+ First party games

o PS Plus

o Backwards compatible with PS 1,2, and 3 games.

o Kingdom Hearts 3

XBone

o Costs $499

o Supports used games and has no DRM (now of course...)

o 15 exclusives

o No backwards compatibility

o XBL needed for online play

o Kinect 2.0 is more responsive

o Supports HBO Go

It's a hard choice between Wii U and PS4. On PS4, I can play all my PS3 games, and my PS3 is a second Gen slim, so I can't play PS2 games, so now I could play those......

But on a Wii U, I can play all my Wii games upscaled, play exclusives like SSB, Sonic Lost World, and Mario Kart 8...

And they both cost withing $100 of eachother. Durn.... Guess I'll find a way to get both. XD

I'm stratigizing to have a Wii U for the Fall so I can try my hand at Lost World, Super Mario 3D World, and Bayonetta 2. And if you're into getting a PS4 for the sole purpose of Destiny, which I'm pretty sure everybody wants to friggin' play, you'd be shooting for a PS4 as a Christmas gift. But it's all about budgets, and according to my budget, I'd be lucky if I can even squeeze in a PS4 by the end of the year.