A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Yeah, it's tough because Smash 4 doesn't quite have the graphical leap Melee to Brawl had, it really does look like a better Brawl. We've seen a few new characters that have been really cool, but we're still so far off from release that we can't get too much exciting stuff in a short span of time. I'm sure in about 4 months things will really heat up.

Gaaaaahhhh

You know, I have this odd feeling that Smash Bros. 4 is Brawl Redux.

Everything just feels like Brawl but the reveals don't seem as fun the Dojo had with its daily updates. I don't know. It seems less exciting.

Well, I don't feel like this is Brawl Redux because

1. It feels alot faster than Brawl. Not quite Melee fast, but it's faster. Trust me, being fast is a good thing. Especially in Melee of how fast you can chain combos together.
  2. Sakurai said that he is sticking to the primary colors this time around. Brawl was going for realism with different shades of colors and all of that shiz, but Smash 4 is going to Primary colors similar to Melee.

That's just me though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still convinced that Namco's involvement can tighten up the series to play like a modern melee. Granted we haven't seen any close to final game footage or extended gameplay, but this is Namco we're talking about here.

I can't think of a better company to get involved. But my doubt comes from how much forward progress in the series was erased in brawl with the excuse of making an already accessible game even more "casual" friendly. 

It makes me believe that Nintendo will be too afraid to make any mechanic changes that could make the game any deeper. I'd really love for this game to expand upon the formula of Melee the same way Melee expanded upon N64, and I know that could easily happen with all the talent on the team. But I just doubt they'll let it happen for some reason or another.

We'll see though.

Edited by Serephim

I remember hearing Namco helping out with it and people want Pacman in for some reason.

I just don't get why though. I'd rather have Milla from Tales of Xillia cause tits on a stripper

Personally I just want Official Video Game Icon Battle with Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac Man. The Stars versus the Mans.

Jumpman, Megaman, Pacman and ummm... Hedgeman?

i think it was needlemouse or something but who cares :P

love Mewtwo's Final Smash, but Roy's could use some touch up. Like adding some more slash effects and sound effects to make it sound more crunchier.

well honestly i think mewtwo could have had a different final smash like him turning into mega mewtwo(either one) or something but i guess maybe roy's could have had more sound effects