A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic "Horizon"

jumpbutton

Well, "My Idea of Sonic 4" was stopped. No real... design before hand, and I made it up as I went.

Now I have Sonic Horizon, which I have planned all out, I have all of the level themes and names, and I also have every boss designed. Also, I tried to get more stuff into it, with some more gimmicks, but not too many, trying not to get too much of a hold right festival.

sonicscreen1za2.png

http://files.filefront.com/Sonic_Horizon/;6293264;;/fileinfo.html

My EYES! They BLEED!

Really? I just went blind.

Ok, I'm not gonna lie, I've been staring at the birthgiving spring for 37 minutes. I have not played it, despite Lark trying to trick me into it, many times. You're sprite, needs work. He's sprining in that screenshot, but looks like he got kicked in the nads.

You're foreground and background lack shading, and proportion.

Fixing required. >.>

My EYES! They BLEED!

Ow, my confidence. :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm just surprised you couldn't come up with a more mature way of telling me about the graphics being bad.

Getting passed the graphics, it was pretty good. The level could have been a bit bigger and all and a couple more gimmicks would have been nice, but it was still pretty good.

Thanks. Act 2 of that Zone is much longer.

To point the graphics out, yes, they do suck. Just be thankful Sonic has ears this time. I will improve them later, when the game itself is done; to be quite frank, I don't care about graphics until I finish the game's playable part.

Ow, my confidence. :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm just surprised you couldn't come up with a more mature way of telling me about the graphics being bad.

Oh, I assure you there is not a more mature way to say things than short and concise.

Anyway, I played the game, and its not the worst thing I've ever played. Its glitch-ridden and not great fun and the acceleration gives me fond memories of Shadow the Hedgehog, but all things said, its playable.

I wasn't trying to be helpful right then, but depending on how you interpret it, there is wisdom to be gained from the comment. That is kinda helpful.

Just remember that graphics are the first impression, and they can be a major turnoff in spite of not mattering that much in the end. Besides, there isn't much excuse for not just using placeholder graphics that you got from rips instead of having these crazy... MSPainted sprites.

*The gameplay was nice, in some circumstances.

*I like the trail sonic leaves behind.

*Homing attack was pretty decent.

DISLIKES:

*I know you already got this from the other members, but the sprites suck big time.

*Sonic can't gain speed except from boosters, springs, etc.

*I don't like the lightdash method, sometimes he can go for the other ring instead of the one in front of him.

*No enemies or power-ups, the stage was bland.

Overall-score: The only info I can give you is this, replace those sprites!

The first thing that some people look at first is graphics, but of course I'm speaking in general.

Sorry, 25% :(