A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic "Horizon"

jumpbutton

Sonic sprite is looking much better, though I can still make out one more comment. Consider coloring the foot and hand that are behind Sonic a darker color.

Also about the acceleration, does that mean you got deceleration down as well?

Btw about Sonic getting stuck in walls, make the point of detection ( the point that checks for walls ) variable on your speed. For instance instead of something like checking 4 pixels to your right, make it check to your X + 4 + ( *The movement speed in pixels* ). What this will do is check beyond Sonic's normal checking if he's moving fast and prevent your problem. It's the best way I could get collisions working with a non-loop engine.

Now it just looking as all the other sonic fan game, they are all similar, because of the same graphics...

Your old graphics were UNIQUE it's was it was better than the other games!!

But now your becoming as everyone who want to try to make the best sonic game using only the existing graphics that everybody use thinking that his game will be better than the other but eh... It's all the sames...

And how many games will be released?....

Now it just looking as all the other sonic fan game, they are all similar, because of the same graphics...

Your old graphics were UNIQUE it's was it was better than the other games!!

Dobey....seriously...stop talking. You act like you have the only original game and I'm tired of you saying this crap. He drew that sprite himself, so he's still got some original flair. Besides, like Rael said, GAMEPLAY conquers graphics. No way the first demo he showed was better than the other games being made here. MSPaint graphics also make it...worse...

And you think you're original? I assume this, because I doubt you'd put yourself with those other games. You're just using all the Sonic Xtreme stuff. Plus...I hope you know you're on a Sonic forum and the fact that not everybody can pump out original ideas, sprites, and backgrounds.

Nailed.

310df4e0d4e8fbe79528556dbc0e30ec.gif

Did i said my games where original? I don't remember.. No i didn't said it, so next time, do a bit of reflexion before to tell me something like that!

All i wanted to say was: "stop to tell him to use existing sprites as everybody do..."

And no i didn't do his new sprite, he jsut edited an existing sonic 3 sprite... His first sprite were the result of his determination to make a game, now his new sprite is the result of everyone on his topic saying "oh your first sprite was too bad for my awesome eyes!"

Read the caps, so I can beat this into your brain.

Still...SHUT UP. You have no idea what you're complaining about. Notice my phrasing..."I ASSUME," because why would you complain about originality when YOUR OWN GAME IS NOT ORIGINAL, so ____ you and your "reflection" comment, because YOU are part of the problem as well. Hypocrite. He DID NOT edit a Sonic 3 sprite, he drew that from scratch and it's cool. His first sprite was NOT from determination...it was from MSPAINT...it doesn't take that long to do a sh*tty sprite like MSPaint.

I don't know where you get off. Seriously...why can't anybody take a hint, because you can't win. You just say ridiculous crap until I give up. All you guys do is ass up people's threads.

Fermez ta bouche, Monsier Dobermann. Vos commentaires ne sont pas appréciés. Si vous voulez continuer à parler, l'usage de la messagerie privée est necessaire.

(That's right...I can speak your language...fluently)

jumpbutton: You're making fantastic progress...don't let this asshole ruin it for you. If you want any help, I'm here for you.

EDIT: fixed my French...a little

Dobermann, from what I've seen, it's not exactly easy to make a sonic game original, I mean, if you do want it to be original, it would be something like unique gameplay and making your own sprites and backgrounds. Sprites and backgrounds are usually made by hand, when I tried, it was very difficult to accomplish, so I turn to unique gameplay.

The moral is, originality is easy to come up with but hard to create, so some people in general just use what available to them. I do give him props for using original graphics, that's something I liked to see anytime, I think your upset because it looks like to you (Correct me if I'm wrong) we're bashing him, that's clearly not the case, we were trying to help him make his sprite better and also giving him advice, and as you can see, it had an effect, his sprite looks a helluva lot better, anyways that it.

Btw: Slingerland, you know french? Kick ass man. I'm hoping to learn a second language too, probably spanish or swahili.

• Like 1

@Slingerland

Only people who are stupid use f-words to explain what they feel...

And it seems you used a really bad translator to "try" to speak in french, or, you really don't know how to make a complete sentence. (Subject, verb, complement)

PS: i never tried to ruin the Sonic "Horizon" creator work, i only wanted to say that it was a really good idea from him to try to make something different. :)

However, if you think you help him with your comments, it's ok, i will not enter in a war because i don't have the time to.

MOD EDIT: There's an "L" in my name...jeez...

I only used a bad translator to get accent marks (just copied the Es and As with aigus above them), but it has been about two years since I spoke it, but I did take it for 6 years. I'll clean it up a little *gets out old textbook*

And about your "stupid people use swear words" comment, um...no...that's the worst defense ever for when you're wrong. Plus, I'm to the point where I am frustrated with your complaining about originality when making a Sonic game isn't an original idea on its own. His original project looked like ass. We know it...he knows it...he's alleviating the problem and we all like it. Get over it.

@Slingerland

Only people who are stupid use f-words to explain what they feel...

Only squares and dweebs get upset over swear words, especially ones that are bleeped out. =( I'm sorry, but it's totally true. I probably shouldn't be saying that, considering it's in the rules and all, but I personally think that if a four letter word upsets you, the internet is NOT a place you should be.

But seriously children, can't we all...

you know....

sit down...

relax...

and have a nice cup of stfu?

Let's not be bitching anymore k?