A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sly Cooper Thread

Sly4Good

For all of those who grew up with a Playstation 2 and/or 3 (or are friends with me) you may have heard or even played a little series called "Sly Cooper." For all of those who never grew up with Playstations, Sly Cooper is a series of games that follows the tale of Sly Cooper, an anthropromorphic raccoon with a family of master thieves, who steal things from other criminals who aren't worthy of their wealth and power, his two best friends, Bentley, the brains, and Murray, the brawn, and Inspector Carmelita Montoya Fox. The plot varies from each of the 4 games, but the basic idea remains the same, Sly was raised by a family of master raccoon theives, who steal from those unworthy of their wealth and power. On the day that Sly was supposed to recieve his family's prized heirloom, the Thievius Raccoonus, a band of 5 villains known as the fiendish five broke into his home, murdered his parents, and stole the Thievius Raccoonus. Sly was put into an orphanang where he met his two life-long pals, Bentley and Murray. Together, they teamed up and formed the Cooper Gang, who's goal was to rescue the Thievius Raccoonus from the clutches of the Fiendish Five.

So yeah, what are your guys' take on the series? Me, I'm personally obsessed with this series. Sly Cooper is probably one of the only series that I've played that has managed the be almost perfect in every way. The characters are all lovable, sympathizable, or hatable (depending on who the character is), the voice acting is amazing, the mood the games create are outstandingly fitting, the gameplay is uniquely interesting, the character designes and personalities are all varied and fresh, and the music is gorgeous.

What game should I play if I want to get into the series?

For the full experience, you need to start from the first game, Sly Cooper and the Thevius Raccoonus (Or Sly Raccoon depending on where you live), whether it's the original PS2 version or the version included on the Sly Collection. Then, chronologically work your way up, to 2, 3, and then finally 4 (aka Thieves in Time).

• 2 weeks later...