A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Lost World General Discussion

Sonic Lost World seems to be shaping up pretty well. Looks like it might be my favorite out of the series. I'll probably be picking up the 3DS version due to not having a Wii U. Dimps seems to be making sure this isn't a lame version of the game like Gens 3D. Don't get me wrong, I think Gens 3D is an okay game, for what it is, but the replay value is too low, the game is too short (Then again, what do you expect from an anniversary game, eh?), and I felt like there could have been more potential. Hopefully, this succeeds in being a GREAT version of the game. It looks real nice, and for once, IT'S IN 3D. Which is amazing and a step-up for Dimps. I can't wait to see how this game turns out.

Edited by AcidGamer64

Im looking forward to this game too. It looks like dimps FINALLY made a good sonic games. But we will see. But I think I am more interested in the story then anything else. I think Sega BIGGEST mistake was making the deadly six look like a joke in the first trailer, this made people lead to believe that its going to be like colors/generations. But from their more recent trailers/scenes, I am starting to think that its not going to be like colors/generations.

Actually, with the unleashed sounding music I think its gonna be more like unleashed story wise. Which I think is a good thing because I am getting kinda tired of the colors/generations thing, where NOTHING is taken seriously.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd like to start seeing some continuity in Sonic games again. The original three (counting S3 and S&K as one game) obviously continued one from the other. However, recently all the stories have been self-contained. That isn't a bad thing necessarily, but I really like that idea of a "bigger world" that the original games had. Still, if this games is set off Mobius, which it appears to be, I guess we won't be getting that here.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd like to start seeing some continuity in Sonic games again. The original three (counting S3 and S&K as one game) obviously continued one from the other. However, recently all the stories have been self-contained. That isn't a bad thing necessarily, but I really like that idea of a "bigger world" that the original games had. Still, if this games is set off Mobius, which it appears to be, I guess we won't be getting that here.

That's exactly what I think. Izukia doesn't care about the over all story, he only cares about the specific games he is working on. Its not bad but I think he should work on spin off games, not the main sonic series. Because games like colors (And looks like) lost world feel like high budget spin offs.

Edited by Pharaoh Shadon

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too certain we have an established leak policy yet so I won't post anything here (that and I'm trying to avoid it myself), but if you are curious, somehow one or two copies in Spain got out and the first half hour of the game is out there on YouTube somewhere. If you are trying to dodge spoilers, well...join me in having a fun few weeks.

EDIT: Stritix has got me covered. :P If you want to discuss spoilers head on over here: http://sonicunited.org/forums/index.php?/topic/209-sonic-lost-world-spoilers-no-spoiler-tags/