Sonic Mania New Information Revealed
Aaron Webber hosted a stream on the official Sonic the Hedgehog Twitch showcasing more of Sonic Mania. Accompanied with Aaron Webber were Takashi Iizuka, and Kazuyuki Hoshino. They played both Green Hill Zone, and Studiopolis again.
After the game was played, they brought out Iizuka, and Hishino, and revealed some new aspects of the game. Here’s the new information we know:
- When asked about Super Emeralds, Iizuka stated they would not appear in the game. However, there will be a series of “new items” (presumably story related) in Sonic Mania, which will be revealed at a later date.
- There will be more re-imagined past stages in the game than original stages, however it is highly emphasized that the old stages are going to be very different from their original counterparts.
- We will see classic levels return from Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, and CD.
- When asked if there will be a demo yet, we are told there currently are not any plans for one.
- Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are currently the only playable characters confirmed for the game.
Also mentioned was news for Project 2017, and it seems unlikely that we will be seeing a trailer this year. And as for this new stream format, we’re told that if enough people want these streams, more will be planned (and judging from the chat response, we’ll likely be seeing more.)
What are your thoughts on Sonic Mania? Do you like this new style of streams? Voice your thoughts in the comments below!